People at your goal weight...

Options
If you've been at your goal weight for a while, what kind of weight range do you maintain? What I mean is, let's say your goal weight is 135, and you're there. Do you gain 2-3 pounds and lose them here and there, or is it more like 10 pounds? Just trying to figure something out. Thanks!

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have gone up and down about 10 to 15 the last few years, but I think that is too much....I am now at the my low end! I hope to stay close!!
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear what others think about this I reached my goal, and I bounce around with 6-7 pounds. This is the hardest part for me.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal weight and have stayed with in 3-5 lbs of my goal for about 3 months now.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a 2kg (4.5lb) range that I call my maintenance "green zone." I don't freak out for one stray scale reading out of the zone, though. I keep a trend line on my weigh-ins (spreadsheet queen!) and if the trend line goes above or below the "green zone" I reassess my exercise and calorie goals. I've maintained this way for just over a year now. Logging is still a daily habit.

I had to learn that the lower limit was just as important as the upper limit - going from a mindset of celebrating every new weight loss to trying to maintain weight can be challenging.

Good luck, and congratulations.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I try to stay within 2-3 pounds of my goal weight, though sometimes it goes up 5 and I work to bring it down again. It's a constant maintenance and lifestyle change.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly fluctuating the same 2 or 3 lbs.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I try to stay within 2-3 pounds of my goal weight, though sometimes it goes up 5 and I work to bring it down again. It's a constant maintenance and lifestyle change.

I agree. Constant work.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to stay between 132 -135. I am hanging out around 139 now and maintaining for about 6 months. I crept over 140 and that got me determined to work at this a little more seriously. I haven't set any time goals, just goals to stay with-in calorie limits and do strength training. Hoping that gets me there and allows me to stay put!
  • lisab64
    Options
    I've been at goal (145) since mid April but am currently less than goal (139.x - but expect to find the extra pounds come winter). I'm thinking that 3 pounds above is going to be my max limit and figure I'll freak out if the scale ever says 150something. I really don't expect that to happen for a number of reasons but the top 2 are that I weigh daily and I'm still tracking my food (so I KNOW if any weight gain is deserved or not).
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I have maintained (really plateaued) at 150ish for almost two years, then randomly, I am up to 160 this week. It's giving me motivation to do something to get down to 140, my true goal. I think I will probably do a 3 pound range when I get there.