What else? (exercise equipment suggestions?)

Options
I've been using handweights and I finally got some heavier weights today. I really want to work out my legs and thighs and maybe my bum some more but am unsure what to do other than just exercises using my own body weight for resistance... squats, lunges, etc. Is there a piece of equipment out there that helps with legs? What about a Thighmaster? LOL Yes, I asked about the Thighmaster. Does it work?

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    calf raises work out the legs so does running...if you want beast thighs get the insanity workout dvds :p
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Your dumbbells have you covered - you can do squats, lunges, step-ups, dead lifts, and calf raises with them, which are all great leg workouts.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the Thighmaster, but lunges & squats, if done correctly, seriously kick my butt, quads & ham strings. I also like the elliptical machine because it hits my thighs & butt as well.
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    The best bodyweight exersice Is the bend and thrust. also known as burpess's. It's a combo of squat, pushup type exersice. If you want to know some more bodyweight exersices check this site out that has my workouts on it. Some are weird but look them up to understand.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97480

I like using a backpack and putting weights in it and going on hikes. and I like doing squats with them it helps.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I recommend to all women that they should do conventional deadlifts, stiff legged deadlifts, GHR's and box jumps assuming they are free from any injuries that may prevent them from doing so.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I have just started doing some TRX workouts with my trainer - kicks the butt of a lot of other leg exercises I have been doing..... Have a look on youtube - Look for TRX TV and you will see some incredible stuff - the beauty is you do not need any weights - and the straps can go everywhere with you...
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Go rollerblading. They also have ring band workouts on YouTube.
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone!