Singles?

Options
bioheil
bioheil Posts: 72 Member
Any singles out there? I find we have some different issues then the family peeps. Cooking for one can be a challenge. Anythings else that is hard?

Replies

• Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I cook a bunch one day and divvy it up into portions for the week.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The chicken breasts I get are individually vacuum sealed so it's easy to just make enough for one without thawing extra food and having to cook it.
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Same here, I cook up a bunch of separate ingredients so I can mix and match throughout the week. Marinated and baked chicken, brown rice & steamed veggies are easily mixed and matched.
  • ecamelon
    Options
    when I lived alone I would cook family size meals and then freeze the remainder into individual servings. After a week you have a months worth of meals and its easier to stick to healthy options since there is always something quick on hand
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with eating up my produce before it goes bad! In a way it's good because it makes me eat more healthy stuff. I also struggle with cooking for one.

I have other issues as a single person, but they're not fitness-related! :ohwell:
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    you know what's hard? Having a beautiful body but a face that people cry when they see. That's what's....hard.
  • SerenityJA
    Options
    Single? How about independent?!
    It only meanz u r more selective and not settling!
    Freedom is not a bad thang!
    2 many labelz, not enuff credit wen due!

I guess u mean no kids either, huh?
  • luvlite2
    Options
    Yeah...and it's cheaper to buy family packs of meat and split them up in freezer bags to save room and not cook so much if you tire of foods quickly. I bag my chicken breast 2 to a bag..easier to defrost..
  • porcelain_doll
    Options
    when I lived alone I would cook family size meals and then freeze the remainder into individual servings. After a week you have a months worth of meals and its easier to stick to healthy options since there is always something quick on hand

I used to do that with my FoodSaver machine. Then I got lazy about it. I should really get back into it again.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated is hard. My Boyfriend is 250lbs and a heavy powerlifter. He has no care in losing weight... although he supports me and my aspiration to lose weight on top of gaining strength. This means when we go places, he makes crazy orders... or lots of food, and I have to stick to my food. I try to plan ahead, or get healthier foods, and he doesnt really care for that at all!
  • bioheil
    bioheil Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with eating up my produce before it goes bad! In a way it's good because it makes me eat more healthy stuff. I also struggle with cooking for one.

I have other issues as a single person, but they're not fitness-related! :ohwell:

Me too! Fresh frozen green beans have to be my fav though best of both worlds! What other issues?
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    definately try cooking several things at once and then freezing them...better than frozen meals!
  • KitsuneSakakino
    Options
    I'm with DoomSayer, I shop at Wegmans because they have steak and chicken individually sealed so I don't have to over cook. I've also become a huge fan of the Lean Cuisine chicken rolls!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Same here, I cook up a bunch of separate ingredients so I can mix and match throughout the week. Marinated and baked chicken, brown rice & steamed veggies are easily mixed and matched.

I do this. The only thing I find difficult, I can't go to the gym after work bc I have a dog at home that needs to go out...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    you know what's hard? Having a beautiful body but a face that people cry when they see. That's what's....hard.

Hahahahahahaha!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    you know whhat u are never alone if you have the voices in youtr head
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I cook once and munch all week. My plan for tomorrow:
    Grill a pack of 8 Chicken Breasts (salt and pepper only)... slice and freeze in single serving bags.
    Grill pre-marinated turkey roast... again, slice and freeze.
    Grill a veggie pack (zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, red taters, peppers, etc) - store for week's meals.
    Steam and sautee brussel sprouts. (I'm trying to make these into "finger food" snacks....)
    Hard boil a dozen eggs.
    Boil a box of pasta.

This will make me enough for meat/rice mixes; meat/pasta mixes; and meat/salad mixes for the next two weeks.
  • porcelain_doll
    Options

Me too! Fresh frozen green beans have to be my fav though best of both worlds! What other issues?

Other issues..... well, one is that I've about run out of people to travel and go out with. Most of my friends are married with small children, and it's hard to get them away just for a movie or meal out unless I agree to hang with their fam, which I end up doing most of the time. Not a big deal, but I'll admit that I miss having "girl time......"
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

LMAO! I think you're Hot.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options

LMAO! I think you're Hot.

You inspire me.