Need some help losing skinny fat

Options
Can food tracking help lose skinny fat? I'm not trying to lose weight and I exercise 3-4x a week, mostly strength training and 6-7k steps a day. I would love some help and advice

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question.

If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight, some of it fat. If you eat more than you burn, you will gain weight, some of it fat, some of it muscle if you are doing exercise that would build muscle.

I *think* what you are asking is how to change your body composition?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Can food tracking help lose skinny fat? I'm not trying to lose weight and I exercise 3-4x a week, mostly strength training and 6-7k steps a day. I would love some help and advice

Only indirectly by helping you to eat at an appropriate calorie and protein level.

If you are truly skinny fat (most posts on use the term incorrectly and really just mean under-trained!) then it's the quality of your strength training that is the primary driver to improving your body composition while maintaining weight. Diet is just a supporting role.

Worth a read of the link above, the intro and there's also some useful videos from well regarded trainers on the most recent pages.