Sweet

Options
Last night ate some reeses cups 5 minutes later felt like I hade vertigo hade headache felt dizzy I throwed out all my choclate candy away ,
Anybody know what I can replace sweet tooth with
No more choclate candys or any type of choclate or candy

Replies

• healhierhappiness
    healhierhappiness Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on how you felt. Seems chcolate candy wouldnt cause all that unless you are allegic to some ingredients. But replacing your sweet tooth with something else is good. I am struggling to lose weight again now and I have been looking for better things to eat instead of sweets. I have been eating the following, some ideas here:
    1. Cut up mushrooms and or carrots, cucumbers. a tablesppon of ranch dip on the side
    2. A hand full of pistachios in the shell. The shell ones take longer to eat as you have to remove he shells first.
    3. Dill pickle just one they are salty
    4. Sugar free pudding hunts makes them in snack packs
    5. Individual small bags of pop chips, skinny pop pocorn, Yes peas by pop chips. many other types out there. I will occasionally have a bag at night, or with lunch. The bag is portioned so you dont overeat
    6. Fresh fruit, apples, pears, watermelon, grapes, kiwi etc.
    7. Make smoothie, use fruits and greens like kale, spinach

• Mom24_2021
    Mom24_2021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty severe for eating a few sweets. I would speak with your doctor about this to see if there are possibly some underlying health issues. They may be able to give you some insight to help you and could possibly refer you to a dietician in your area that could help you eat better foods for your body.

As far as recommending sweet treats, I’m not sure you will love what I replace my sweet tooth with when I’m trying to stay away from sweets but I’ll list them anyway.
    1. Yogurt or parfaits
    2. Smoothies
    3. Pretzels and peanut butter
    4. Fruit cups
    5. Granola or snack bars
    6. Cereal
    7. pb and jelly
    8. Chia seed pudding with added fruits or sweetener like honey

If I absolutely feel like I HAVE to have something actually similar to a dessert and I don’t want to stray from my “diet”, I will opt for Halo Top, sugar free candy, or protein cookies, but all of these options are kind of risky (at least for me personally) because I’m one of those people who craves it more if I eat something too similar to dessert but isn’t actually dessert.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if a few pieces of chocolate did that (and i doubt it did) you need a doctor, not the MFP forums.

as far as other options to chocolate or candy- i mean.... anything. fruit, the sweet and salty popcorns (boom chika pop or skinny pop) are good, sugar free puddings and jello, protein bars, yogurt (if you freeze it, its much like ice cream), peanut butter toast, cereal, granola, pretzels, chips .... i mean.... anything can be a snack really.
  • mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time you had this reaction from eating Reeses cups? How many did you eat? If you haven't eaten too many and it is the first time that happened, you should definitely see your doctor. The high blood sugar you get after eating a few candy wouldn't do that unless you have an underlying condition. Don't wait and go see your doctor.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth and want something every night. I usually have either an orange, a sugar free Jello pudding cup (60 cal), or I make a sorbet out of blended frozen fruit with a little dollop of whipped cream.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I know once I eat sweet my blood sugar goes up thanks

Everyone's blood sugar goes up when they eat sweets. Your symptoms are more on the lines of low blood sugar or very low blood pressure which should be looked at by a Dr.