food allergies

Options
I was just dxed for food allergies. I am allergic to gluten, dairy, soy and corn. What do I eat now? Any suggestions or receipts. J

Replies

• ecamelon
    Options
    try searching candida or atkins diet recipes, they have similar restrictions
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    paleo/primal!
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My whole family has started moving towards the paleo diet lifestyle (also has similar restrictions). Here is a bit of an intro: http://www.archevore.com/get-started/
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I can't eat gluten either. Udi's is probably the best tasting bread brand out there. Its 75 cal a slice. Small slices, but still tastes good. Look for gluten free crackers in the supermarket. Most of them are pretty good. Actually when trying to lose weight, you won't miss your bread much more than everyone else. It's the thing you end up cutting most to get within your calorie allotment. Try to keep it to meat and veggies as much as possible and downplay the bread and gluten products. They only turn to fat anyway. But definitely get Udi's, if you don't have a store that carries them, look for their website. There's nothing more than having only a certain number of calories allotted and you have to waste them eating something disgusting which is what a lot of gluten free food is.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/342365-gluten-free-girls-and-guys Heres a thread with a group of us that have allergies or sensitivities. Many of them talk about the Paleo (sp?) diet, which is probably the route you want to take.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Also, just because your allergy test says you're allergic, doesn't mean you have to cut it out of your diet. Its a screening tool. I have a billion allergies but very few of the foods I'm allergic to on paper actually bother me. Do an elimination diet. and then slowly add the foods in one at a time. You may find that you can tolerate many of them without a problem and some in small amounts. On paper, I'm allergic to fish, pork, eggs, chicken, wheat, but in the real world, I can eat all of it except the wheat which I still can tolerate in small amounts. Good luck. Do a lot of research and don't let some of the extremists worry you. It's not as hard to manage as some people pretend it is.