Crock Pot Users!

Options
2»

Replies

• chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    A new family fave is http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/09/26/crock-pot-pumpkin-lentil-stew-recipe/

But there are some on here I may try.
  • nancye610
    nancye610 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jesscox17
    Jesscox17 Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I made a "Pizza soup" recipe used ground turkey instead of sausage it was awesome just google pizza soup crock pot it will come up. You can customize with low sodium sauce and skim cheese.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Here's one I tried recently :) Found it in Pinterest and copy/pasted the recipe below:

Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken

Yields: 6 | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 255 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 18 g
    Ingredients

• 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 2" cubes
    • 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1" strips
    • 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
    • 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
    • 1/3 cup honey
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch

Directions
    Recommend using a 4-7 quart slow-cooker.
    Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
    Place chicken in slow-cooker, add pineapple chunks and bell peppers. Pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.

Thanks! Definitely going to try that.
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FrancklySara
    Options
    I can't recommend lowcarbcrock.com enough! Her recipes are always delicious and healthy.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When you cook the whole chicken do you put any liquid in with it? Does it brown? Do you put it right on the bottom or do you put foil balls under it? Please do tell your secrets!

I put a little bit of water or broth in the bottom; no foil. You can sprinkle the chicken with lemon pepper or seasoned salt. Add a few veggies if you like: onion, carrots, celery will make the broth more flavorful. But it works fine without as well. Chicken doesn't get brown because you're cooking with moist heat. I wouldn't serve this whole, like a roasted chicken. It's just for boning and using g the meat. Delicious.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Some of my family's favorites are:

Chicken tacos- 3 chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, and a package of taco seasoning. Toss everything in on low and let it cook all day. Then shred the chicken, mix it all together and serve. My kids assemble regular tacos with all the toppings. But I have this on top of a salad.

Chili - Brown a pound of ground beef, 1diced green pepper, and 1 diced onion. Add this to a crock pot. Then add a can of crushed tomatoes, a can of kidney beans, diced mushrooms, some pepperoni (optional), a little seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, and a whole lot of chili powder. Cook all day on low.

Pork shoulder roast and a large jar of sauerkraut. Just dump the jar on top of the roast and let it cook on low all day. Great on a sandwich or with a side of baked potatoes.
  • lethaavon
    lethaavon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try Italian dressing, garlic over chicken breast. Serve with brown rice or pasta.