Fat to fit

Meganthedogmom
Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
edited January 2022 in Success Stories
It’s been quite a while since I’ve been on these forums, I wanted to check in and show my progress! I lost a bunch of weight with MFP a few years ago (80-90lbs) Since then I’ve fallen in love with weightlifting, and I wanted to share my progress. I haven’t been counting calories for about a year - just lifting heavy and eating what my body tells me it needs. Occasionally I throw in some cardio. Full disclosure: I had a tummy tuck October of 2020 to remove excess skin.

*Edit* FUN FACT: I weigh the same in the top pic with the pink bra, as I do in the bottom pics. Body recomposition is cool!!

4f531ybuhglj.jpeg

Replies

• gobootjack
    gobootjack Posts: 10 Member
    Congrats! All your hard work has paid off!
  • Great job on this, because a lot of people know how hard it is. Great job on keeping up with this, and never stop there is no end journey. Just words of encouragement.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Great job on this, because a lot of people know how hard it is. Great job on keeping up with this, and never stop there is no end journey. Just words of encouragement.

Agreed! Always a work in progress, always moving forward, and getting stronger 💪🏻
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Lifting heavy weights rocks! So proud of you!!! It is a journey for life <3 Enjoy the ride and keep striving every day! I am 43 and can't wait to see where I am at when I am 50 :)
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Great Job!! It takes a lot of work and determination, but it's all worth it! I have a question. Did your insurance pay for your tummy tuck and skin removal?
  • Nikki542687
    Nikki542687 Posts: 47 Member
    You look amazing!! Your hard work truly paid off. Did your insurance cover the tummy tuck by chance? I KNOW I am going to have a ton of skin left after I get to my goal weight and I am wondering if there is a way to make the skin removal/tummy tuck medically needed, because I think that is the only way they'll pay.

Your body is literally so perfect now! Way to go!!
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    Congrats! 90 lbs is about what I have to lose (in total) so this is awesome to see.
  • Meganthedogmom
    You look amazing!! Your hard work truly paid off. Did your insurance cover the tummy tuck by chance? I KNOW I am going to have a ton of skin left after I get to my goal weight and I am wondering if there is a way to make the skin removal/tummy tuck medically needed, because I think that is the only way they'll pay.

Thank you!! Unfortunately insurance did not cover it. I think it largely depends on your insurance. I’ve heard of some instances where they’ll cover part of the surgery (i.e. the removal of the skin) but you have to pay for part of it (like putting a new belly button in, which is considered cosmetic).
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    This is awesome! thank you for sharing!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Wow! Absolutely AMAZING! What a transformation! You should be very proud of yourself and your hard work! Thanks for sharing, very inspiring!
  • Meganthedogmom
    AngWBald wrote: »

Thank you!! Unfortunately insurance did not cover it. I think it largely depends on your insurance. I’ve heard of some instances where they’ll cover part of the surgery (i.e. the removal of the skin) but you have to pay for part of it (like putting a new belly button in, which is considered cosmetic).

Great Job!! You did a lot of hard work with a lot of determination! Thank you for answering the insurance question. I'm wondering how I'm going to look with extra skin if I ever get my BMI down to the Normal Range. I'm pretty sure my insurance won't pay for it.

I've been in these ranges with my BMI Overweight/Obese/Morbidly Obese for most of my adult life. The last time I saw a Normal weight was when I was about 23, but even then, when I was in the Upper Part of the Normal range of my BMI, I saw the numbers starting to slowly go up 5 pounds at a time at first. I got married and then the babies came with a 10 pound weight gain after each pregnancy.

Right now I'm Obese (BMI 30.7). My highest weight was 196 (BMI 39.6), and at 4 feet 11 inches tall that's a lot of weight to carry on a small frame. I've lost 44 pounds so far. I can't wait to say I'm in the Overweight Range! It's long overdue, but that's still another 4 to 5 pounds loss away. I can finally see the Finish Line of this BIG goal being accomplished! Then onto the Normal Range!

If you wonder how I did it. I set little goals at 5 pounds at a time. If it takes 6 weeks to do it I'm o k. It's better than a 5 pound gain.

Don’t let the fear of loose skin deter you from your goals.
    And don’t take the BMI chart too seriously. Especially if you lift weights.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!