inner tricep exercises wanted

Options
i am looking for inner tricep (aka jiggly arm or bat wings) ive found some online but it requires the cable machine (im still scared of it...still havent learned what all those hookups can do yet nor know where the cable thing should be alligned like at what number) is there anything with dumbells I can do?

Replies

• iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sure! Here's a list of some tricep exercises with video examples...there are several dumbell options

http://www.shapefit.com/training-triceps.html

have fun!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean but lay on a bench with 2 dumbbells and start with your arms straight up- palms facing each other, then with a slight bend in your elbows lower arms and bring them back to center. I think they are called chest flys but I'm not sure. Or there are tricep kick-backs. Youtube maybe? I'm bad at explaining things.
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The best ones I know of you just need a dumbell. The dumbell kickback is a really good easy one. Check out this quick video to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwe8K_S4gg&feature=related
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Sure! Here's a list of some tricep exercises with video examples...there are several dumbell options

http://www.shapefit.com/training-triceps.html

have fun!

this is JUST what i needed thanks...many of them for the inner part of the tricep involved the cable machine...guess i need to step up and figure out how to use it when the gym is dead
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    tricep dips -- no special equipment needed.

turn on some music and follow the beat, do a set of singles (down, up, down, up) for 8 beats, then a set of doubles (down for 2 counts, up for 2 counts) for 16 beats. Repeat!

use a chair (holding on to sides) , sit on a coffee table, toy chest, aerobic step with 2 risers. for a harder version you could sit on the floor and straighten your arms, lift your bootie off the floor (try to make a flat table of your lap) and bend and straighten your elbows to lower and raise yourself. try it on your tip toes and/or with one leg out straight as you get stronger. This last one works the core too.

tricepdip.jpg

blessings.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    tricep dips -- no special equipment needed.

turn on some music and follow the beat, do a set of singles (down, up, down, up) for 8 beats, then a set of doubles (down for 2 counts, up for 2 counts) for 16 beats. Repeat!

use a chair (holding on to sides) , sit on a coffee table, toy chest, aerobic step with 2 risers. for a harder version you could sit on the floor and straighten your arms, lift your bootie off the floor (try to make a flat table of your lap) and bend and straighten your elbows to lower and raise yourself. try it on your tip toes and/or with one leg out straight as you get stronger. This last one works the core too.

tricepdip.jpg

blessings.
  • dstephens36
    Options
    I do skull crushers to tighten up my triceps. start with a lite weight. If you don't know what they are you can google it, and it will show you. Start lite. when you are a ble to do sets of 10 x 10 with the current weight, move up in 5 lbs. increments.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Just marking this to check links later.