vacation

Options
I am going on a 2 week vacation.... any tips?

we are going to disney for a week and have the dining plan so I know I won't have to eat just burgers and fries and can make some smart choices.

I don't want to totally blow it and gain weight while I am gone

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I recommend the tea cup ride.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I say take it easy on yourself, but watch portion sizes....and make your DH eat whatever is too much :) haha!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Bring PLENTY of money. And by plenty, I mean rob a bank.
    Bring snacks in a backpack, we brought the single bottle Crystal Light packets for the kids and added it to the one bottled water a day we bought in the parks. Refilled at drinking fountains. Ice is free for the asking at any place that sells fountain drinks.
    We stayed at a hotel that had a breakfast buffet. I took all kinds of fresh fruit and packable snacks with us into the park. It SO much cheaper than paying $7 for a banana in the park.
    Have a great time.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Bring snacks in a backpack, we brought the single bottle Crystal Light packets for the kids and added it to the one bottled water a day we bought in the parks. Refilled at drinking fountains. Ice is free for the asking at any place that sells fountain drinks.
    We stayed at a hotel that had a breakfast buffet. I took all kinds of fresh fruit and packable snacks with us into the park. It SO much cheaper than paying $7 for a banana in the park.
    Have a great time.

What is your opinion of the tea cup ride?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    ok heres the thing you are going on Vacation you are going to be walking alot and having fun DO NOT woory about the numbers just have fun
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    The teacup ride is a hoot! Especially if you managed to catch a buzz before getting on. (So I hear) Then it's puketastic! I do NOT recommend riding the teacups shortly after lunchtime. Kids apparently don't need to have a buzz before yakking.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

When I went I was four and the Dumbo ride was waaaay better.

It shouldn't be hard, I assume Disney would have a lot of really great healthy options, seeing how they have to feed all kinds of people. I'd try to plan ahead and see if you can find calorie counts for the foods online (I bet they're posted - try google). If your hotel has a gym/pool I'd use it to burn extra calories, and remember, you'll be walking, a lot.
  • Contrarian
    Options

It shouldn't be hard, I assume Disney would have a lot of really great healthy options, seeing how they have to feed all kinds of people. I'd try to plan ahead and see if you can find calorie counts for the foods online (I bet they're posted - try google). If your hotel has a gym/pool I'd use it to burn extra calories, and remember, you'll be walking, a lot.

The Dumbo ride sucks. The tea cup ride is awesome. You'll see.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Have a great time.

What is your opinion of the tea cup ride?

drinkk first
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

The Dumbo ride sucks. The tea cup ride is awesome. You'll see.

I disagree, 4 year old me really loved it. I'm smiling in the picture my dad took. It has to be the best ride.
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Check out the website allears.com - on the forums they have a list of all the restaurants in all the Disney parks with their menus. You can plan for some healthy options. Have fun!