Newbie saying "hi"

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm brand new at all of this. I just started tracking my food a couple of days ago and I'm giving myself a few days to get used to eating better before I add in much exercise (I'll probably start next week, but I feel like I need to take it in stages.) The exercise is what I'm most worried about just because I don't know WHEN I will be able to do it. I really don't want to take any time away from my daughter because I feel like I don't get to see her enough as it is since I work. I used to LOVE playing tennis, and would love to play again, but even when I have done that I feel like I just want to get back home to see her. I know everyone says to get up early, but anyone who knows me can tell you that is probably NOT going to happen...I'm just not a morning person. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I really just want to be realistic so I know I can stick with whatever I start out with...So I'm going to have to figure that out.

I've been somewhat heavy for most of my adult life, but it's only been the last year or so that I really started to feel unhealthy. I want to be able to play with my daughter more and it's important to me that I set a good example for her health-wise. I'm also afraid that if I continue on the path I was heading, I might not be around for her, so I want to get healthy again.

I feel very lucky that I'm not doing this alone because my husband wants to lose a lot of weight, too, so we've committed to doing this together. But I know from past experience that he will lose twice as fast and with minimal effort, so I'm sure I will get frustrated with that. That's when I'll need you guys to talk me off the ledge :-)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• Luckybss
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

Just wanna say, congratulations for taking the first step... and keep in mind...
    burning calories is anything you do except for sitting...
    so...
    some housework (cleaning) is in the exercise listings!
    Also, i am sure your little girl would enjoy spending time with you as she is learning healthy habits taking a daily walk with you!

Good luck!
    Luckybss
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And don't feel bad about being realistic! If you hit this full boar and do too much too soon, you'll end up quitting anyways. I think you've got a great approach :)
  • rosamoodie
    Options
    Funny, it reminds me of a commercial. . My husband is no help at all he is skinny and feels like he can eat anything so I always have my worst enemy in my house ( Food ).. Well I just joined too and I am super excited to get this fat off of me. I joined the gym too so lets see how it goes. Good luck and keep in touch.. Happy journey !!