Motivation and Support

Options
ReneeCortes
ReneeCortes Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2022 in Motivation and Support
Hi All
I am a 52 yr old woman. I was in the miltary for over 14 yrs. And never had a problem with weight. But in 2001 i had a major event happen to me which caused me to stop caring about myself. I got out of the military and totally forgot what fitness was. I went from about 135lbs to a whopping 253 lbs.

I recently found out that i have type.2 diabetes with an A1C of 11.6. And i knew it was time to get serious about my health again. So i went to the VA hospital for advice. They gave me several suggestions, one of them was to download this app. It has really made a difference in my weight loss journey by allowing me to see where im failing.

When i started using this app i weighed 252lbs im down to 230lbs but i still have a long way to go.

I am hoping to find friends who are like minded who can offer encouragement and tips for my journey. So if anyone want to add me it would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,277 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Sorry to hear about your diabetes, but you've definitely gotten a great start on improving your health. I've seen many people here improve their A1C by losing weight and improving their nutrition, so I'm sure you can do it too 👍
    MFP was a godsend for me, it helped me lose 70+lbs down to a normal BMI.

My tips would be:
    - faster isn't always better - just keep 'plugging away' and you will get there
    - change your habits gradually, it's more likely to stick that way
    -
    I don't know if you've checked out the Most Helpful posts, stickied at the top of each subforum, but I recommend them. And feel free to ask questions, lots of helpful people here 🙂
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Renee, I sent you a request. Not sure if it went through or not. If it did not, please feel free to add me. Crazy thing is… I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November with an A1C of 11.7. I refuse to let this control/ruin me. My lifestyle has completely changed since diagnosis. We’ve got this 💪