C25K and 30 Day Shred or...

Options
Hello all!

I am new to MFP and see a lot of people that are in groups for the C25K program and the 30 Day Shred together. I started C25K this week and will be doing W2D1 on Monday. I just purchased the New York City Ballet Workout disks in search for a strength training routine to do on my days off from C25K, but am reading about a lot of people doing the 30 Day Shred. I am considering ordering it too. Any feedback on which DVD set would be more beneficial with C25K and why would be GREATLY appreciated! :smile:

Also, is anyone else around the same point in C25K as I am? I notice closed groups, but they are... well... closed. :tongue: I wouldn't mind being able to talk to people about the program and our experiences. Looking for positivity and like minded ideals. I am also eating 1200-1400 calories per day and trying to move towards more nutrient dense meals and snacks.

Good luck in your adventures! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the C25K on Sunday with help from a friend, and I am eating 1200 net also.

I did the 30DS up to W2D2 and then found excuses not to do it, I was bored.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think it's all personal preference. I'm currently doing 30DS and I'm on D5L2. After I complete the video I take a 10 - 15 minute break and then do C25K. I will be starting W9D1 tomorrow. My routine has given me a thorough *kitten* kicking but I LOVE the pain! :wink:
  • Evelynabella
    Options
    Hi There!
    I am a personal trainer and weight loss consultant and in my opinion, 30 Day Shred rocks it. Jillian also has a KettleBell workout video that is amazing. Her programs are very close to how I train my clients and we see results quickly, as well as a low chance of injury. Hope this helps a bit. ;-)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I tried to do both together and have not been successful. So, I am trying to do 30-Day Shred now, and C25K whenever I can, but it is very slow going. I figure, so long as I walk some, I am making progress. I'm hoping to pick up C25K again as I near the end of the 30 days.

I think some people alternate the two, and that seems to work for them.

Feel free to friend me if you want support for the 30-Day Shred. I'm up to Level 1, Day 6.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I think it's all personal preference. I'm currently doing 30DS and I'm on D5L2. After I complete the video I take a 10 - 15 minute break and then do C25K. I will be starting W9D1 tomorrow. My routine has given me a thorough *kitten* kicking but I LOVE the pain! :wink:

AWESOME! Maybe I will combine them on the same days too. Any reason why you chose to do them on the same day versus alternating them?
  • jwhit31
    Options

AWESOME! Maybe I will combine them on the same days too. Any reason why you chose to do them on the same day versus alternating them?

I just like the amazing burn I get when I do them together.......I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Last month I did level 1 and alternated between that and C25K and like you, I was bored to tears. This week is my first time doing them together and I have ran 4 days straight. I just have this fantastic high once I'm done. I'm doing something now that I couldn't do almost 10 years ago when I was 25. Not to mention the fact that after a month plateau I have lost 4.5 pounds this week.......that's the biggest motivator of all! :bigsmile:
  • cherryObebe
    Options

I just like the amazing burn I get when I do them together.......I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Last month I did level 1 and alternated between that and C25K and like you, I was bored to tears. This week is my first time doing them together and I have ran 4 days straight. I just have this fantastic high once I'm done. I'm doing something now that I couldn't do almost 10 years ago when I was 25. Not to mention the fact that after a month plateau I have lost 4.5 pounds this week.......that's the biggest motivator of all! :bigsmile:

I am totally inspired by this! My biggest concern was being tired or worn out when I did C25K if I did them on the same day. I will give it a shot! I can always change it up. Thank you SO much!
  • jwhit31
    Options

I am totally inspired by this! My biggest concern was being tired or worn out when I did C25K if I did them on the same day. I will give it a shot! I can always change it up. Thank you SO much!

That was my concern also but you'll never know unless you try, right? I just keep being positive and go in with the attitude that I WILL get it done and so for it's worked!! Also, did I mention that I do the elliptical for 60 minutes at 5 in morning????? Hahahaha! I just have to make sure I have a big breakfast, smaller lunch and decent dinner plus I drink over 144 ounces of water each day.
  • cherryObebe
    Options

That was my concern also but you'll never know unless you try, right? I just keep being positive and go in with the attitude that I WILL get it done and so for it's worked!! Also, did I mention that I do the elliptical for 60 minutes at 5 in morning????? Hahahaha! I just have to make sure I have a big breakfast, smaller lunch and decent dinner plus I drink over 144 ounces of water each day.

WOW! You are Wonder Woman! :happy: I will stick with C25K and 30 Day Shred to start... haha
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I've finished c25k and now just do a 30 min run on my non gym days. I use 30 day shred after the run to hike up my calorie burn. It's good I definitely think it will help my arms
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    30 Day Shred seems to be great. I have decided to go ahead and pick it up in the next couple of days and start it Monday as I go into week 2 of C25K! Thank you!