My beloved scale died. ☹️ New scale suggestions?

Options
My scale died, the scale I have had got 5 years or so that I saw go from 272.6 to 193. ☹️ Kinda sad actually.
Anyway any suggestions as I want to order one within the next few hours. I'm checking out the inevifit and Accucheck that both have 5 stars on Amazon.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What do you need out of your scale? What was the one that died? I have a Renpho that I got on Amazon, it does track all the body fat, bone mass, etc but I don't believe any of that is accurate. I got it because it is bluetooth and records my weight and also connects with MFP.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    What do you need out of your scale? What was the one that died? I have a Renpho that I got on Amazon, it does track all the body fat, bone mass, etc but I don't believe any of that is accurate. I got it because it is bluetooth and records my weight and also connects with MFP.

Yeah I'm not sure actually. The one I have now is just weight, nothing else. I'm seeing ones that track all kinds of things like BMI. I'm kinda in-between if I need or want that. I see Fitbit ones that seem interesting but again I don't know if I need or want to track everything. Thanks.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I think any scale will do. The only thing that I would make sure of: I kind of like the looks (a black scale with gold ornaments will never be bought! :s ) and the batteries are easily available where you live. Like when I was living in the Netherlands I found I could buy lots of German brands, using vague batteries that were nearly impossible to find there. Other than that every scale will do. Expect your weight to be different when you use it. Ever scale has a temper, and every scale is precise within it's own parameters. Doesn't mean that it will show exactly the same weight though as another scale.
  • OAS5
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I think any scale will do. The only thing that I would make sure of: I kind of like the looks (a black scale with gold ornaments will never be bought! :s ) and the batteries are easily available where you live. Like when I was living in the Netherlands I found I could buy lots of German brands, using vague batteries that were nearly impossible to find there. Other than that every scale will do. Expect your weight to be different when you use it. Ever scale has a temper, and every scale is precise within it's own parameters. Doesn't mean that it will show exactly the same weight though as another scale.

I ordered the Accucheck scale by Greater goods. Amazon same day delivery and I would like it so I could weigh myself tomorrow. Said it'll be here today by 10PM.
    It's just a weight scale which I think is really all I need. I will drive myself crazy with all those other numbers of all those other metrics. Let's confusion the better. 🤣
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    OAS5 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »

I ordered the Accucheck scale by Greater goods. Amazon same day delivery and I would like it so I could weigh myself tomorrow. Said it'll be here today by 10PM.
    It's just a weight scale which I think is really all I need. I will drive myself crazy with all those other numbers of all those other metrics. Let's confusion the better. 🤣

Well done! And please don't get discouraged should it show a slightly higher weight, or party if it's lower. It doesn't mean you changed, but just that this is what this scale is doing. The last one I bought had a difference of roughly 800gr. I didn't change. It just meant that according to this scale my starting weight would have been higher by 800gr as well :D
  • OAS5
    Options
    Absolutely love this new scale. Less bulky and light. My old one was so heavy and now I realize bulky because this one is more compact. Seems more accurate too.