4 Minutes!

Options
I started the couch 2 5k program back in May and did my first 5k on July 31st. I decided that wasn't enough and completed the bridge to 10k. Tonight I completed a 5 Mile race in 42 min 46 sec. 113th out of 379! Beat my test run more than 4 minutes!!!

I played with the numbers in excel: If they had sorted my age group, I would have been 12th out 42 in ages 18-25, and if sorted my gender, I would have been 3rd in the same age group, or 28th female overall :-)

MarchofDimes5MileSept162011.jpg

*I'm the one in the middle =)

Replies

• Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Good numbers! Congratulations!

I am today in W6D2 and still alive, hehe... let's see!

Did you stayed in 5K for some weeks before you moved to the bridge to 10K?

Best regards / Jose
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    WOW - great job! congrats!
  • jen31889
    Options
    Good numbers! Congratulations!

I am today in W6D2 and still alive, hehe... let's see!

Did you stayed in 5K for some weeks before you moved to the bridge to 10K?

Best regards / Jose

I stayed at a 5k for about 2 weeks. That was the time between when I finished c25k and when my first race was. Right after I completed the race I decided 5k wasn't enough of a challenge and moved onto bridge to 10k. I didn't like b210k as much as c25k. There are probably better training plans for 10ks. When running a longer distance, you should work on strength too. My quads were really sore and I had a few IT band issues because I wasn't strengthening my leg as much as I should.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!