Leaning down for the wedding-help-

Options
My wedding is May 14th.

I work out steadily but struggle with keeping my eating under control, manage late night cravings and emotional over eating.

I am under a great deal of stress, family related and work. I am a front line nurse… dealing with every implication from covid. I am so overwhelmed and very hard of myself. I am trying to be kinder to myself but I am struggling.

I want to look and feel my best on my wedding day.
My dress is skin tight. My plan was/is to lean down.
The last time I put it in… it was very tight and I struggled with the zipper. I have an alterations appointment at beginning February and I am so worried.

I know what works for my body I just find it so hard sticking to it…Especially with all the stress I am carrying and the uncertainty with covid, gym closures and etc.

My body likes, sprints, lots of weights and spinning. The first time I did IF I was the leanest I’ve been and my waist was so “snatched” ( it is just not realistic with working shifts) and cutting any late night snacking also works wonders ( I just find it so hard)

Looking for any soon to be brides out there. I’d love to connect and keep each other motivated

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I think your best strategy is to seek help with managing stress. If you develop healthier stress coping skills, then you just don't need to worry about stress eating anymore.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Get the dress altered so it fits. Nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in a tight dress. You will look fabulous whatever the scale says
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Working out is great for your health and muscle tone, but unless you control your diet it's unlikely to help with weight loss. If you really want to lose weight to fit your dress better, you'll need to start in the kitchen.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll look beautiful in your dress!