How many pounds is a clothing size? Is it like 10-15 for women?

Just wondering what you all think. Thanks

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Just based on my own experience, I'd say about 15-20.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    depends on the brand, and depends on the size, at the smaller sizes I can go down a size with only 5lbs, at my largest it took more like 15-20
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I think it depends on your starting size, as someone else said. I've gone done a pants size losing about 8 pounds, but was already in the normal BMI to start with.
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,018 Member
    This is also going to depend on body composition.
    I started at a 16, and made it to a 6 in about 50 lbs difference, and since putting covid weight back on I am currently a 12 and had gained 40 lbs. :'(
    I'd say 15 lbs would be a good mark, but could go either way.
    I remember it taking a looooonnnnngggg time to go from a 10- 8. haha
  • thereisafuturex
    thereisafuturex Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks all! Just wanted to get an idea :)
  • heatherflbbw
    heatherflbbw Posts: 2 Member
    Depends on size l was almost 400 and went down to 325 and I only lost 1 dress size. It's crazy!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Depends on how big or small you are as well as where you carry your weight and where it comes off first and last, as well as overall body composition.

I wore the same sized pants when I hit 190 as I did when I was 220...albeit they did fit better and were more comfortable. From 190 to 180 was a huge difference as much of that last 10 lbs was in my mid section where I lose last (from 36W to 32W). Same for shirts...220-190 was an XL...down to 180 is a nice fitting L with nothing hanging out.

I also have some sizing issues with pants in particular due to my body composition. I have big thighs and a booty and men's pants are just not cut for that...they're all cut for a relatively flat profile. Fortunately, there are more and more men's slacks coming out made with some stretch material...I used to just have to wear a slightly larger waste than I needed just to accommodate the junk in my trunk and my thighs, but stretchy material seems to have fixed that.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Your height also makes a difference. 15 pounds distributed amongst a 5 foot tall body is going to look different than 15 pounds across a 6 foot tall body.