could my fatigue be linked in with poor food choices?

Options
Hi all,

so I am usually awake and alive and full of energy but this week all I wanna do is sleep. I have also had some VERY bad food days.. could these two be linked at all?

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Good possibility. If you are normally restricting carbs and fat and add them back too much or too quickly they could affect your energy level. Same with sugars/sweets.
  • Tobefitalways
    Options
    Absolutely, make sure you are getting plenty of lean protein and fresh veggies..I also found I can get really exhausted when I don't drink enough water..Try for 8 glasses of plain water a day. Hope this helps.
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey!

It's probably not the same but...here goes my situation. I felt tired most of my life! I woke up tired, I went to bed tired, I was tired just to get up of the couch (even to eat!). I've always known myself like that so I didn't think much of it other than I was the laziest person on Earth.
    Eventually, given my values, I became a vegetarian (and later on almost Vegan), but the most amazing thing that happened was that about one week after I stopped eating meat/fish/seafood (basically everything animal) I stopped feeling tired. I never thought it could happen because that's "who I was", you know? It was the most suprising thing that ever happened to me!
    So what I mean with this is Yes, it can be the food you ate this week, although "female issues" also tend to make me tired one day a month.
    Hope it helped!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    Could be (to answer your question) but what else is going on. Getting enough good quality sleep? Stressed? Emotionally drained?

Look after yourself and good luck!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Could be (to answer your question) but what else is going on. Getting enough good quality sleep? Stressed? Emotionally drained?

Look after yourself and good luck!

I am getting enough sleep but I work every day so can get quite stressed... Could this be a reason?
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of last week (after a couple of weeks of good food and exercise) I commented to my friends how full of beans I was feeling!
    This week after a bad week of food, linked in to stressy work situations, I feel rough!

I find that I feel stressed, so I make poorer choices and then I feel worse, both due to the rubbishy foods, the fact I feel bad cos I went for the rubbishy foods AND because I'm stressed out to start with!

So, although I know it's different for everyone, I know that at least for me, my fatigue is completely linked to my food choices, hope this helps!

1397731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Hey!

It's probably not the same but...here goes my situation. I felt tired most of my life! I woke up tired, I went to bed tired, I was tired just to get up of the couch (even to eat!). I've always known myself like that so I didn't think much of it other than I was the laziest person on Earth.
    Eventually, given my values, I became a vegetarian (and later on almost Vegan), but the most amazing thing that happened was that about one week after I stopped eating meat/fish/seafood (basically everything animal) I stopped feeling tired. I never thought it could happen because that's "who I was", you know? It was the most suprising thing that ever happened to me!
    So what I mean with this is Yes, it can be the food you ate this week, although "female issues" also tend to make me tired one day a month.
    Hope it helped!

I'm a vegetarian and always feel tired/sluggish/in need of more sleep. When I've been vegan, I've felt better for sure. But right now, I'm a lacto-ovo veg but over this past week I've been taking my vitamins AND eating right AND exercising and I feel the best I've felt in years. It's mind blowing to me how my poor diet (mainly potatoes, no joke) and lack of exercise have been the ruining point to my life for several years.