Feeling a little down and needing some motivation

Options
I am feeling a bit down today as I weighted myself this morning and I have put on 3 lbs. I know it's not a lot but I have not long started trying to lose weight and I have now put on all the weight that I had lost :cry: I am hoping though that this week will be different and I can get back on track.

Replies

• SandraMtaylor
    Options
    I know you are discouraged but think about all you have done. You can do it! Start again today. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • martinh78
    Options
    I was feeling a bit down the other day having seemingly stalled on my weight loss. Then would you believe it, I weighed-in the next morning and had dropped 1.54lbs! It is disheartening to see the weight not come off or go up a bit, but look at a month long trend rather than a daily or weekly trend. The effort you put in today might not be rewarded on the scales tomorrow, but it will be by the end of the month.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am sure many will tell you--and I agree. Today is a new day. So, you did gaian 3 pounds. It's over. It's there. Just know if you start TODAY counting your calories, WORK at staying under the calories.. get in exercise. You know.. even if you can get in 15 minutes of walking it will help. I am sure you know all of these things... :) And, I realize it is hard. But, you CAN do this. You are strong.. and you ARE motivated or you wouldn't be on this site , and you wouldn't be reaching out. Let me know how you do today.. if you get chance .... Good Luck!
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The weight gain may just be water retention. Monthly cycles happen to us all. You may lose it all and more next week. Mark it on a calender and see if it occurs again next month.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    COME ON BUTTERFLY SPROUT YOU LIL WINGS AND FLY AWAY FROM YOUR PAST AND INTO YOUR:wink: NEW....DON'T THINK WERE GONNA LET YOU SULK!!! LOL WERE GONNA WHIP YOU IN SHAPE GIRL!!!!!! ADD ME IF YOU LIKE WE HAVE A GREAT GROUP:smile:
  • noface
    Options
    i know how you feel.. at the start of this year i lost 14 lbs and then during 2 weeks in the summer i slacked off on the diet and exercise and put 8 lbs back on just like that !

one thing that pops to mind was what monkeydharma said, if youre menstruating soon you tend to put on a few lbs !
    ive been working my butt off this week and consuming under 1200 cals this week and when i weighed in yesterday, not a single lb gone ! so looking at my calendar.. im praying its because of the above reason haha !

good luck and keep at it ! :)
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just think, today is the biggest you'll ever be, and tomorrow you'll be smaller! Get back on that horse
  • eggmcg
    Options
    My doctor told me to weigh every day so that I can learn how my weight fluctuates and then take the average for the week. This technique gives you the chance to assess where you might have gone astray and turn things around. It works for me - although it might not work for everyone. I would say though, only weigh ONCE a day, straight after you get up and have been to the loo and before you eat or dink anything. I hope it comes back off for you quickly :flowerforyou: