30DS Fail.

Options
I didn't realize how badly out of shape I am. I lasted ten minutes into the video. And I gave 100% for those ten minutes giving myself pep talks the whole time. <sad font> I'm going to keep trying though and making myself do it for a little longer each time. Ugh, I'm so frustrated.

Replies

• joditenzer
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel bad :( But you have the right attitude... keep at it, and you'll see how quickly you're able to start doing it in no time :)
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can empathize with the frustration. But think about it, that's 10 minutes of busting a** that you successfully completed! It's not easy and you did ten minutes. You're already half way through the first session. Give yourself credit. You did great. Keep at it! <3
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You did NOT fail! You jumped right in and you gave it your all. That's a success! Keep trying. You'll get farther every time.

I've noticed that regardless of how "in shape" I am, sometimes I struggle the first time doing a new workout. If I don't know what's coming, I burn out more quickly. So maybe if you feel like you can't continue it next time, still watch and try to keep moving -- march in place, jumping jacks, whatever -- so you can see what's coming up next, and if you can jump back in, do it. But maybe it will help you get through it if you know what's coming.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Next time you will do better, I did my first ds today as well, and I was dripping sweat. That is some good stuff ! You did a great job in giving 100%!! Pat yourself on the back for it and keep going!!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! Its a hard core work out! The first 4 days are brutal. Just stick with it and you will be so proud of yourself for it. Tomorow you may manage 15 min..... OR the entire 20. So be it! Hang in there!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Well done for managing 10mins :smile: It is a hard workout, especially if you are not particularly fit. I'm quite fit and I find it a hard workout. Perhaps next time follow Anita the whole time and use lighter weights or even a couple of cans of beans. You will soon find you can do it all the way through. It will still be hard but you will be able to do it. Keep going with it. It is so worth it :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    tomorrow go slower. you don't have to do as many reps, and you can do the modified moves...start without hand weights, just do the motions...you can march in place during jumping jacks, or just do the legs without the arms, etc...anything to make each move tolerable, so you can get through the whole thing. Just keep going even if something is like "HELL no"! Just do something else for the remainder of that time as long as you keep moving.
    Moving your body for the full 27 minutes regardless of the movement is more productive than exhausting yourself in ten minutes and feeling defeated.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just keep coming back and doing it again! Trust me, within a week, this will feel easy to you!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not giving up this time, even if I only do one more minute per day. If it take me 90 days to complete the 30DS the proper way, then so be it. I'm so sick of giving up. If other people can do it, then so can I !!!!
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I totally understand - I've done 30DS. However, think of it this way: you just did 10 min of something. That is 10 min of SOMETHING. Just keep it up and don't let the frustration get to you - that might be why you are in the position you are in. Its a good thing that you are changing now so don't give up while you are already 10 min ahead!! :)
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh I remember that first day on 30 day shred. It is definitely hard but it gets easier and it sounds crazy but you will get to a point where you can't wait to do the work out. See you at day 30 :)
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You did NOT fail! You jumped right in and you gave it your all. That's a success! Keep trying. You'll get farther every time.

I've noticed that regardless of how "in shape" I am, sometimes I struggle the first time doing a new workout. If I don't know what's coming, I burn out more quickly. So maybe if you feel like you can't continue it next time, still watch and try to keep moving -- march in place, jumping jacks, whatever -- so you can see what's coming up next, and if you can jump back in, do it. But maybe it will help you get through it if you know what's coming.

AjBeans has it right! You started it and gave 100%! That is not a fail, and look at your already positive attitude, you are gonna try it again and go farther each time! Congrats on doing Jillian Michaels Videos...she brings results everytime whether its inches lost, weight lost, or increased stamina and strength. When you get bored with the 30 day shred, be sure to get No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism! Again....Kudos to you MommaToSam.
  • emsgma
    emsgma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, it does get easier. I'm still on level 1, 2 weeks later but eventually I'll get to level 2. I'm sure it'll be tough but we can do it! It is frustrating though. Especially when Jillian says in the video if you are on day 5 or 6 your endurance should be up, mine isn't!
  • mrshickey
    Options
    30DS is hard!!! really hard!!! especially when its a new workout and you dont know whats coming. starting a new workout is never a fail!!!!! never!!

so don't beat yourself up, because as you do the workouts more often, youl see that u will complete the whole thing and feel amazing- look forward to that.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Keep trying! I know it's hard. I did not consider myself out of shape when I started it since I had been running 6 times a week at that point. I thought I was going to DIE the first time I did it. I also couldn't walk properly for days. Now when I do it, I have to find ways to make it harder because it seems too easy. You will get there if you stick with it. Just do a little more each time. Good luck!
  • desiree0620
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 2. When I did my first day of level 1 I couldn't do the squats and punches or the jump ropes without stopping and panting thinking I was about to die. I know this sounds so cliche, but it got a little easier each day I did it. By day 10, I did the whole video without taking a break and it was an awesome feeling!
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's definitely not a fail! 30DS is bloody hard work! I did get through my first couple of workouts but was so out of shape that I was in serious pain climbing stairs for the first 3 days lol.

Well done to you for trying! It might be better for you if you tried to do the whole workout the easy way and try to do all of it? Good on you and keep trying :flowerforyou: