White Rice

Options
Can i eat white rice and still lose weight? I ensure i say within my daily caloric intake but i'm scared my eating rice will sabotage my weight loss. I usually eat it with a lot of veggies and protein. Help!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's no food that is totally forbidden - you can eat what you like as long as it's in your target range of calories etc.

If you were avoiding processed carbs, then that's a different matter. But not everyone monitors that. Even then, with portion controlit's not impossible to have a little of whatever you like.
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice and haven't noticed an impact on my weight loss. I think as long as my calories are under limit, I will lose weight. If I want to eat 1400 calories of biscuits or 1400 calories of vegetables, it really doesn't matter. I'll be healthier for picking the veggies, but I'll still lose weight if I don't. I don't beat myself up about it.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    Yup, as said above, it's not about outlawing foods, it's about seeing what calories etc. they contain and making smart choices. Brown or wild rice is more filling and has more fibre, but if you're eating out or really like white rice then build it into your calories for the day and you'll be fine!
  • kuteme
    kuteme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:

252602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Rice isn't a part of my regular diet but just as an example:

in 2003 I spent 5 weeks working in an orphanage in rural Brazil. Our diet consisted of white bread for breakfast and white rice (with black beans but I couldn't bring myself to try them) for lunch and dinner. Every day for 5 weeks.

Despite the fact that I was living on 700 calories a day back in England I still lost 10 pounds over the 5 weeks bread and rice diet!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    There's no food that is totally forbidden - you can eat what you like as long as it's in your target range of calories etc

Not true. I dont eat it, but from how high in calories cake from the cheesecake factory is, thats toatlly forbidden lol
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I eat sushi at least once a week, if not more. I am more worried about the sodium from the soy sauce (even though I don't use a lot compared to the people I eat with and I use the green 'lower sodium' bottle) than the white rice.

Enjoy :-)
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I eat it, at least once maybe twice a week. Personally I feel if I ban food I like, I will crave it and thats not good. Everything in moderation as they say.