I need a "Cheat" take away UK based

Options
Hi,

I am looking for any ideas to keep me away from my local pizza take away tonight.

I feel like a curry for a change as was wondering if anyone has bought any frozen supermarket Indian currys lately, and if so would you recommend them as in taste, filling you up, calories, fat etc.......

I am open to any ideas and can get to most supermarkets.......

Thank You in advance..

Paula x

Replies

• Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Tesco's sell a weight watchers chicken tikka with rice, tastes pretty good for a ready meal
  • Superrhi
    Options
    The weight watchers curry's are pretty good :)
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you dont mind a quick cook Getas cooking sauces are amazaing and just as good from the takeaway (you just need to add the meat).... to save time just add tidl mic rice :smile:
  • Munchiemooka
    Options
    Sainsburys also do a good range of chilled indian food that you can mix and match :smile:
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Tescos own Tikka Masala Healthy Living one is really nice and a good portion
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I've started making my own:
    Thai Green Curry
    thai green curry paste (1 tbsp)
    diced turkey breast
    button mushrooms
    veg of your choice
    amoy reduced fat coconut milk

or

Take a salmon fillet, lightly coat with mild curry paste and place in pan, cook until flaky and yummy. Place on tesco light choices naan bread (or rice). Top with a dollop of greek yogurt that you have mixed with chopped cucumber and splash of lemon.

Works out pretty low cal, makes leftovers and more control over the fat and stuff than ready meals I find. They are both really quick to cook as well.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Asda do a Chicken Balti curry in their fresh selection for under 200 calories for half the pack. I usually buy something like that then cook my own rice separately.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My cheat take-away is usually Chicken Kebab (on the skewer) with the pitta bread, loads of salad, chilli sauce and garlic sauce (extra cheat..!!!)

It's actually quite healthy fat-wise... if anything it's the sodium that may slightly high....
  • Munchiemooka
    Options
    My cheat take-away is usually Chicken Kebab (on the skewer) with the pitta bread, loads of salad, chilli sauce and garlic sauce (extra cheat..!!!)

It's actually quite healthy fat-wise... if anything it's the sodium that may slightly high....

Thats my fave too :bigsmile: