A small win

Options
EliseTK1
EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
Tonight was a success, and I just had to share. I usually struggle really hard with sticking to my plans when it comes to social gatherings. Tonight we had friends over for Japanese takeout and bonfire. I ordered hibachi chicken/shrimp/veggies, counted the calories beforehand, and kept true to my dry January even though everyone else was drinking. I even had space for a couple roasted marshmallows which was lovely.

I feel good tonight- no dehydration or oncoming hangover, no distended belly, no discomfort getting into bed. My old PJ leggings fit again, so I can finally wear them. That’s especially sweet since it’s actually cold here in Florida for once.

It makes me so happy that I’m actually doing this. I’m getting more and more confident that I can make these habits stick.

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am glad you had a good day and were on track. Sometimes it's the little things that add up to get us through our day and give us confidence. Enjoy the victory.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You made good choices and it is paying off. It is a good feeling when you can fit into clothes again. Keep up the good work.
  • salaciamermaid
    salaciamermaid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Boom, small win but really a big step. It can be so hard to stick to the plan but you did it and you felt better physically for doing it. The more small wins we get under the belt the easier they become.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!