A possibly inappropriate question.....

Options
Ok so this might be a tad bit inappropriate but.....shouldnt sex be counted as a cardio workout? Lol Please give me your thoughts!!:blushing:

Replies

• Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Unless you just laying there still sleepin
  • tdupree71
    Options
    Yes, I would say so!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Hahaha! I've often been tempted to wear my HRM during a good romp. Haven't done it yet. I always seem to forget about it :blushing: I imagine you'd be more tempted to up your # if you're counting it for exercise. Make some new records! hehehehe
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Some do, some dont. I do not count it. My general rule is if I am not doing an activity for the purpose of exercise I don't count it or log. I just consider that stuff a little bonus lol.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My wife logs it as Sexercise.

I do not.

She actually did a search to see what the colories burned would be. I suggested that she use the HRM to verify.

If you're getting a workout, I say count it!
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    apparantly u burn 100 cal every orgasm!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Leg raises, hip bridges, planks... I think it's calisthenics!

I don't count it towards exercise, though. It's part of my normal activity level. :wink:
  • sdickerson71303
    sdickerson71303 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would think so but several doctors (Dr. Oz and my personal Doctor) say that during 1/2 hour of active sex both partners only burn about 22-28 calories...... haha u burn more calories running around the block once than having sex lol
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I don't log (and I, too, have been tempted to wear my HRM just to see lol)... but I get double the pleasure knowing I got an extra burn :laugh:
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I totally thought so too!!! I even tried to pull it up under cardiovascular ... lol! ... Told my boyfriend that I'm going to start wearing my heart rate monitor ... lmfao!!!
  • daves160
    Options
    I suppose it would be, But only as long as your heart is beating in your target zone. For most, I think that would be 120 to 150bpm. But in reality? I suppose it depends on how long your... um "heart rate" lasts in your target zone?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I still day it should be a team sport.
  • jewel3575
    jewel3575 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I've often been tempted to wear my HRM during a good romp. Haven't done it yet. I always seem to forget about it :blushing: I imagine you'd be more tempted to up your # if you're counting it for exercise. Make some new records! hehehehe

if you do can you please post that? lol but serious.. haha.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It is cardio work but the problem is you gotta time it and look at your HRM and it's just not romantic anymore... :brokenheart: When my Hubby and I go for a roll in ze hay we just do it and I don't count it but I do take some extra pleasure :heart: in knowing he helped me burn off some calories! :wink:
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would think so but several doctors (Dr. Oz and my personal Doctor) say that during 1/2 hour of active sex both partners only burn about 22-28 calories...... haha u burn more calories running around the block once than having sex lol

That's all? lol I've been tempted to log "Sexercise" but, outside of the fact that everyone would have a blast with the tracking of that activity & I have my daughter and a few friends on here, the calorie loss just isn't worth the post! :laugh:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    too funny... I found this to find exercises calories burned..and found this in the list..lol!! :laugh:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My wife logs it as Sexercise.

I do not.

She actually did a search to see what the colories burned would be. I suggested that she use the HRM to verify.

If you're getting a workout, I say count it!

You know, this post is kind of revealing.... :-D
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc has "sex-intercourse" as a thing you can calculate cals for. Sadly, unless you're the one "on top" though it's not as many as you would wish. Esp. since unless your with someone with a lot of stamina it's not gonna be for a super long time...I believe it also calculates "Kissing" so I suppose you could add in foreplay and see where that gets you. I've never really wanted to time it (might be a bit of a mood killer)...then again it might be kind of fun to try and gauge your "effort"--can you sing? Yes, light effort. Can you speak for more then just a few words, but not sing? Moderate effort. Only a few words and out of breath? Intense effort. Anyhow, I prefer to let that be a "bonus" workout--I don't want to ruin sex with thinking about my "healthy lifestyle." ;) Just enjoy it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've always said if you're looking at the clock at all during sex, something is very wrong. And that goes both ways... whether it's "Is that all?" or "Are we there yet?"
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    umm it depends on what you do...:blushing: :love: