32 Female ( hypothyroid) 90 kg to 60 kg in 6 months ( need female friends )

Options
Hinawardaali
Hinawardaali Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2022 in Getting Started
Hi
I am 32 and for the second time in my life i have lost weight from 90 kg to 60 kg in 6 months. I am 5.35 height that is between 5.4 and 5.3. I want to maintain this weight and later lose to make it 50 kg. I need female friends of my height and guidance on maintainence.

Replies

• summeroflove99
    summeroflove99 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done on your incredible loss up to now 🤩 I am also 5’ 3.5”. I am currently 63.6kg and want to reach 50kg. I’m 49. Can’t offer any specific advice about maintenance but I’m happy to be your mfp friend if you like. It’s good to have friends who are also short😊
  • Hinawardaali
    Hinawardaali Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Adding you as my friend
  • Rodeema
    Rodeema Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'', currently weighing 59 kilos (down from 67); and trying to get to 50-51kilos.
    Want to add me?
  • hessiondesign4
    hessiondesign4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on Levothyroxine for thyroid replacement (due to surgical removal of thyroid gland). I am 52. I seem to be able to fix at one weight rather frustratingly so!! LOL because often I am trying to lose weight! I am not your height, I am 5'8" and am currently overweight at 95 kilos...but I encounter many of the same issues someone with hypothyroidism encounters when trying to lose weight because of it being regulated by meds alone. I am trying to ultimately lose (30lbs) 13 kilos? or more; but doing it slow and steady as it seems like my body fights me when I do more drastic methods. You can add me if you'd like.

My mom (78) is 5'2' and Hashimoto's she has struggled all my life it seems, I can see how it has been harder for her, and I have always tried to both encourage her when she makes healthy changes, and support her and let her know she's beautiful as she is.

The biggest thing I've found with thyroid stuff, is to decrease or eliminate gluten and monitor your sugars...as these can be inflammatory and you are already dealing with some of that. As for maintaining, it's pretty much still keeping your daily calorie load within a certain number frame and being lightly active (chores, housework, walks, occasional hikes/or intense sort of workouts, running the daily errands, gardening is awesome way to get calorie burning activity in) Whenever I've gained weight it is either because I've had several days that I kind of went "all in" on eating or drinking...the other cause has been life changing events (which spike my weight, probably stress, thyroid meds not working properly) or needing to do some sort of medical regimine whose side effect is added weight. Both these have contributed to why I'm in a space of needed to lose more than 4-10 kilos.
  • MomBehavingDadly
    MomBehavingDadly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm a little older, but still struggling to take off those last 7-10 kilos. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi! great accomplishment! I also have hypothyroid!! Do you take any vitamins? I've maintained for over 10 years! Also 5'3"
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,459 Member
    Options
    For those who are hypothyroid, I'd strongly suggest reading this very good thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767046/hypothyroidism-and-weight-management

It was written by an MFP-er who's a scientist in the field, hypothyroid himself, and who lost weight by calorie counting. It's solid information, unlike some of the folklore on websites that's shaped to sell us things (books, programs, supplements, etc.)

I'm severely hypothyroid, medicated, lost 50+ pounds with MFP at age 59-60, and have maintained a healthy weight since (now 66).

Other than that, I don't meet the post's requested criteria (I'm 5'5", mid-120s pounds/57-ish kg). (I'm also, sadly, a sub-par MFP friend - more of an MFP Community gal, I guess.)

For guidance on maintenance, I'd suggest starting by reading posts in the "Most Helpful Posts" section of the "Goal: Maintaining Weight" part of the MFP Community. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300324/most-helpful-posts-goal-maintaining-weight-must-reads#latest

After that, if you have maintenance questions, that "Goal: Maintaining Weight" area is a good place to ask them.

As mentioned, I've been maintaining for 6+ years now, after around 30 previous years of overweight/obesity (and about a year to lose).

My best quick tip for maintenance is to use time during the weight loss process to experiment, and figure out relatively easy, sustainable habits that help you stay at appropriate calories more or less on autopilot long term, balancing nutrition, happy activity/exercise, satiation, enjoyment of food, etc., within your calorie goal. One can do that for the whole weight loss process (with a sensibly moderate calorie deficit in the picture), which is pretty much what I did; or wait and do it in the last states, may the last 10-15 pounds or 5-10kg approximately.

Permanently sustainable habits, IMO, are key to maintenance, and what will be sustainable is different for each individual, because we each have our own preferences, strengths, and limitations. Treating the whole of weight loss as a project with an end date, reliant on willpower and motivation to keep going, after which things "go back to normal" is a recipe for regain and yo-yo weight cycling.