C'mon guys...I need a boost today!

Options
Ok, so having a duh kinda moment. I am exhausted. This week really bit the big one. Three of my kids were sick. The baby has a cold, Nick was home Wednesday sick and Tashie was home Thursday sick. I just figured out that I may be tired because I have been walking and running extra, and not logging it in as exercise cause really - I'm just doing bus stop duty is how I figure it. To me that does not get added as exercise cause walking is just walking and it's only a short run. I guess 5 days of it adds up though, lol! And on top of that I am getting a freaking cold. I am going to try and eek out my workouts today keeping in the back of my mind that tomorrow is my free day! C'mon free day!! Hope that is enough motivation cause I didn't get everything done yesterday I wanted to. That may be because I did a big grocery store run. That means an all morning ordeal as we are rural so I didn't get home till after lunchtime and then I didn't have enough time to do all I wanted to. Oh well....such is life. I was disappointed in myself that I didn't do everything I wanted to workout wise yesterday so I feel like I must do it today - only I am pooped! I really need a boost...can anyone help a gal out? Just need to hear some encouraging words I think...so I can drag my butt out there and get it done...I'm just not feeling it. :sad:

Replies

• ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    "The worse we feel about our bodies, the less motivated we are to take care of ourselves and it becomes a snowball effect. Feel good about YOU this weekend!"
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Take a moment to celebrate YOU and all that you have accomplished with this weight loss journey. Focus on the positive. You've lost 88 lbs - that's incredible!
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh My Goodness!!! you don't think you've done enought to be able to not stress about overdoing it today....I'm not saying do nothing but it sounds like your body is saying slow down because it needs to heal...Instead of "working out" maybe just go for a nice relaxing walk or if you have one putter in your garden...sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and their wisdom even if our mind has a different plan.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day... just make it your best!!!!!!
  • LaraMH82
    Options
    I remember hearing somewhere that *light* exercise can boost your immune system, so maybe if you're having trouble motivating yourself to exercise for the sake of your diet today, instead you could take a nice, relaxing, centering walk or some light stretches and body resistance exercises and see it as caring for your cold. Take it easy on yourself, maybe try to get a little extra sleep, and take a moment to look back at all you've accomplished! Congratulations on how well you're doing! You're almost there!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Thanks guys...you're the best! *hugs* :flowerforyou: