Newbie saying Hello

Options
Hi All, I'm new here and this is my first post. I have been tracking my intake vs my output and man this site really helps, when you can see it right there in front you what you are doing. I now have a visual for the back of mind. I have to say it is all one big mind game. Willpower. I can have all the 'way-to-go's' and 'you-can-do-it's' all you want but I am the only one that is going to make it happen. That, for me, is the hard part. I even have quite a bit of inspiration, maybe in the back of my mind it is hopeless anyway so the only inspiration I have left is.... you guessed it.... ME. It is a vicious circle. I see that some of you have had a plan, stuck to it and have seen results from that effort. Let me say I admire you all. Be proud of yourselves for only you are the reason for that. Hopefully someday I will be able to walk with my head held high too, not for how I look but because I know "I did it"!
'til next time All....
April.

Replies

• freshstart4me
    Options
    and i admire you for saying all this. friend me if youd like...positive support will make this whole process easier!
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello april i am new too this site is great ive only just found it but im hoping it will keep me on track. this healthy living is great but really tough at times. im an emotional eater and when i get stressed i eat i dont keep too many naughties in the house now if there not there i eat them.
    im doing a food diary counting calories and its been amazing seeing wrote down what you eat and how much fat it has puts you off eating too much i tell you so far ive lost 1 stone 9lbs in two months so it must work. any ways best of luck nettle
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    you have a great attitude and that is part of the battle. Friend me if you want also.
  • CherylM2015
    CherylM2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great attitude..you can do it!

I"m a newbie here as well. I just created my account about 20 minutes ago and I'm looking forward to having something to make me accountable.

I've been on a fitness/healthy living journey for the last year or so after having spent my entire life overweight, unhealthy and unhappy. I got fed up with feeling horrible about myself and decided to do something about it. That was 65 pounds ago.

The problem is that I'm starting to see old habits trying to crop back up in my life. I'm still about 20 pounds away from my goal weight. Instead of feeling proud of myself for what I've accomplished, I find that I'm constantly being hard myself and feeling guilty for everything I do. This is not a nice feeling.

I'm hoping this site provides me with motivation and support to help me get rid of the last 20 pounds but more importantly, I'm hoping that it motivates me to simply keep up with a healthy lifestyle and attitude.

Nothing feels better than feeling proud of yourself and being able to walk with your head held high with confidence. I'm slowly getting there.

We can all do this. I need you all :)

Best wishes to all of you!