Share some recipes?

I love to cook, And would like some good ideas to cook that are healthy and low calorie but also something that wil make me full. Looking for some good dinner ideas.
Not a huge fan of meat. Sorry I'm so picky but anythig will help!

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    I am not vegetarian but have started eating a LOT less meat lately...for easy dinners I like to do portabella mushroom pan-fried with small amount of olive oil, and make a sandwich or veggie burger on it, you can put whatever toppings (I like cucumber, slice tomato, and sometimes I will add Hunt's ketchup No-High Fructose) on it, and maybe something else as a small side. When I'm really lazy I just make a Boca or Amy's veggie burger.

Also I love making lentil soup, it's actually really easy, you can buy dried lentils (I get red lentils, which makes the yellow soup), add to water or vegetable stock, garlic/onion if you like, and I chop usually a couple of carrots, sometimes an apple or celery, you can put in whatever you like. And a bay leaf. It cooks in about 20 minutes and you can thicken it with a little low fat sour cream if you like, or if it's too thick add more water. Usually makes 3-4 servings and you can freeze in individual plastic containers for easy meals.

Good luck!!! I am not big on cooking but it's worth it to eat better!
  • I was wondering about veggie meat! I rarely eat meat only if I'm eating taco bell, which now is a no no. Or if I'm eating Mexican food which is also a big no no for me. I've stem veggie tacos before and they were bomb! How much does it cost?
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    I like the Boka Spicy Chik'n patties, they are in the frozen section in the grocery store, and usually around $4 for a package of 4. Sometimes I get Amy's veggie burgers which I find at Whole Foods, they may have it in the grocery store, but usually $5-6 but I think comes in a package of 6.

I also like Morningstar "sausage" patties for breakfast added to eggs, really tasty but vegetarian, can't remember how much they are.

Different brands have different tastes, try them out and find what you like. I try not to have it too often, because it is frozen and processed, but still it's healthier than a burger (or Taco bell ;). Although at Taco Bell my one indulgence is a bean burrito (about 380 calories) and I think pretty good.