Need to lose lbs by 1st October........ HOW?!!!!

Options
I am getting married 11.11.11 and hopefully my wedding dress will fit. However I need to lose 9lbs and keep 9 lbs off by then, How can i healthily do this? And if I don't would it be ok to get altered or would I have to scrap the dress? Please help. xx

Replies

• Leia81
    Options
    I will advise you to go on medifast diet. it has quick results. good luck!
  • CherryTop
    CherryTop Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP 13 days ago ... I have lost 5lbs. I wake every morning and workout (P90X). I eat wisely. I do not go over my survival calories and use my workout calories burned as a bonus. I also go to a gym and do the stairmaster , Spin or Yoga ... I do this 2-5 times a week. I wait to log in my exercise in the evening so I am sure to not eat more calories.
    This is what is working for me ... it has taken me a while to find the right mix.

Good Luck & Congratulations !!!
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would reccommend working on losing inches instead of pounds if you have 9 lbs to lose. Perhaps doing the 30 day shred (I lost 3 inches off my bust, 3.5 inches off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips in 30 days!! :) ). Stick to the goals nutrition wise that MFP gives as well. Good luck and no matter what I'm sure you will look stunning on your wedding day!
  • 1968mkr
    Options
    Go to youtube and research HCG diet. Good luck. :wink:
  • Could you give me some tips/advice/guidance on the 30 day shred?

Also what is a medifeast diet? xx
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    30 day shred.. jillian michaels.. 3 levels of workout for 30 days, 10 days each. If you stick to it it definitely gives good results, inches especially.

Right before the wedding maybe a body wrap just for the occassion?
  • 30 day shred.. jillian michaels.. 3 levels of workout for 30 days, 10 days each. If you stick to it it definitely gives good results, inches especially.

Right before the wedding maybe a body wrap just for the occassion?
    What's a body wrap. xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and research HCG diet. Good luck. :wink:
    Not healthy for a minor loss.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    bridezilla, do you have a computer? Good. Now enter "Medifast" into your browser. Hit "enter".

Same with 30 day shred.

ta da.
  • bridezilla, do you have a computer? Good. Now enter "Medifast" into your browser. Hit "enter".

Same with 30 day shred.

ta da.

Is there a specific reason why you are so snotty?!!! I would appreciate these sort of comments to be kept to yourself thank you!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    bridezilla, do you have a computer? Good. Now enter "Medifast" into your browser. Hit "enter".

Same with 30 day shred.

ta da.

Is there a specific reason why you are so snotty?!!! I would appreciate these sort of comments to be kept to yourself thank you!!!!

That wasn't me being snotty. That was me being educational. :flowerforyou:
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Body wrap is when you go to a clinic/ beautician and they wrap you in kinda cling film with oils and unctions then make you sweat a lot!
  • Body wrap is when you go to a clinic/ beautician and they wrap you in kinda cling film with oils and unctions then make you sweat a lot!

That sond as though it would be a good thing. xx
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It's a great thing to do, bit of pampering and gets rid of inches before your big day, enjoy.:heart:
  • It's a great thing to do, bit of pampering and gets rid of inches before your big day, enjoy.:heart:
    [/quote

I will look into this and let you know how it goes. xx
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Just follow MFP. Eat right and excercise, and follow the guidelines here. You've got some time to lose weight. Try setting your goal to lose two pounds a week. Honestly, at some point or another most of us dropped mre than we expected. I dropped three pounds in a week for a while when my goal was only one pound a week. And yes, 30 day shred by jillian michaels has given loads of users awesome results. type it into the search bar here on MFP, and there's several threads full of before and after photos. Also, in the case of a wedding dress, you might want to focus on INCHES instead of pounds.
  • Just follow MFP. Eat right and excercise, and follow the guidelines here. You've got some time to lose weight. Try setting your goal to lose two pounds a week. Honestly, at some point or another most of us dropped mre than we expected. I dropped three pounds in a week for a while when my goal was only one pound a week. And yes, 30 day shred by jillian michaels has given loads of users awesome results. type it into the search bar here on MFP, and there's several threads full of before and after photos. Also, in the case of a wedding dress, you might want to focus on INCHES instead of pounds.

Thank you I am starting my diet back up on Monday as I am pretty skint this week so think it will be the gym all week as unable to meet friends for coffee.. This could help me lose some of the weight. xx