Irish ☘️ guy on a fitness journey

Hey Irish guy here 41 on a fitness journey looking for others on the same journey
I’ve lost over 14st in total with slimming world but found it wasn’t good for my fitness goals and so I switched up to my fitness pal and have lost 4st 6lbs in the 15weeks I’ve being following or tracking my calories and have to say as a guy who has tried literally everything from slimming world to keto calorie counting is working best for me and giving me the most consistent results .
I’m a gym goer love walking cycling and enjoy staying active so that mixed with MFP is helping me reshape my life for the better.

I am also curious anyone change from a weight watchers or slimming world to calorie counting and if so how have you found it .

Replies

• bearlifejourney
    bearlifejourney Posts: 4 Member
    My prjq68rijeqn2e.png
    My progress so far
  • Arwen944
    Arwen944 Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats on all of your success so far. That is amazing!🌟 I used to do WW some years ago, but calorie counting has always been what works best for me. It's like a daily dose of reality when I plug things in that I've eaten. MFP makes it so easy now, but I have journals from 20 yrs ago where I would count calories and add it all in every day with my calculator. I often surprise myself with calorie counting, as I tend to over estimate what I think I've eaten in my mind. Good luck on your health journey.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I have done ww, and keto. The bottom line, MFP is simpler. It makes sense, and it is where I have found the most success, and felt like I had the most control. Having said that, I fell off the ice cream truck! And I am starting again! Nice work so far! I need to get more consistent with the gym, but everything is a work in progress!