It's so hard!!!

Options
Everything has calories!!! Even air!!!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Well...you kinda need calories to live...so there's that. Without consuming calories you would cease to exist.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Well, if you come at it from the “I can’t eat” perspective, this is gonna be difficult.

Try looking at it from the “oh wow! I can eat that?!” perspective and it changes everything.

It did for me.

It sounds like you may have set an ultra low calorie goal and are hangry as a result.

Mind telling us more?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    well, it certainly seems that way, doesn't it? Some days I am convinced I absorb calories from the water in my bath ;)
    But, as wolfman said up there, we DO actually NEED calories to, you know... keep living. We just don't need the surplus we may have been living on and accustomed to ;) eat
    If you spend any time on the boards and keep an eye out for my name (though I go in bouts of being active and not), you'll see I've lost a LOT of weight. Over 200 pounds. A huge chunk of that was in roughly a 2 year period, a bit over 50 last year, and the remainder in 4-5 year period where I was maintaining/ losing at a super slow rate. Here's the thing though... the ENTIRE time, since 2014 ... I don't really eat anything DIFFERENT than I always have. Now, I've always eaten a reasonably well balanced diet, as far as lean proteins and fruit/veg, and because my ex and grandfather were both diabetics, I just kind of leaned toward lower carb (though not intentionally by any means- especially now), but looking at overall meals and food... it's the same. The primary difference is HOW MUCH. I learned how to weigh and log my food accurately. I learned how to use the recipe builder for those things like casseroles or soups/stews or other things that are a kind of a 'bunch of stuff altogether'. For me, I also workout (but that really doesnt give you as many extra calories as you would think or hope it does). So really, the biggest change was learning how MUCH to eat. Which can be hard. And there are lower calorie things you can snack on, and as you go along you can experiment with your macros to find the right combination that helps your satiety- the things that keep you fuller, longer.
    So, yes, everything does have calories, but remember, we do NEED them- even if all we LITERALLY did was lay there in a coma on life support.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    That’s not an exaggeration. My mom’s muscles were atrophied, eventually from her toes up to her neck. She had to have calories to just lay there, have her diapers changed and be fed.

I am not going down like that.

We have choices in life and that choice is not mine.

In her addled state the last few years she got it in her head she was a queen and people were waiting on her hand and foot, after a lifetime of waiting in others who never lifted a finger. She enjoyed it.

I’ll do my own vacuuming and cooking, thank you very much.