Advice

Hi I'm joanna though I'd join for some help and support I'm trying to pair my fitbit with my fitnesspal and it keeps saying minus calories can any help

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Does MFP say minus calories or does fitbit say minus calories?

fitbit and MFP dont always play nice together, there can be syncing issues. I never really experienced any when I used a fitbit but I know many do. There is a large fitbit group that can probably help and the more descriptive you can be in your title and post (pictures will help) the better they can help you. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

My first thought is to check your activity level setting on both and make sure they are accurate. If you are saying you are highly active, but are actually sedentary or only lightly active, then you can end up with negative calories, easily. And it would be correct based on the SETTINGS.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    MFP calories do not include exercise...so when you exercise the exercise calories are added back for you to eat. Some people eat all or only some of the exercise calories (in case they are over estimated), some eat none. Go by your hunger levels or weight loss levels. Losing too fast eat more of your exercise calories, feeling genuinely hungry all the time eat more of your exercise calories.