too much sugar! :/

Options
Hello all,

Every day my sugar intake is over my daily goal..usually by ALOT. I love fruit and yogurt and after my more intense work outs I eat a luna bar or something like it. I also like to have a bowl of cereal sometimes for an after dinner snack. I know sugar from fruit is better than the artificial kind but its still sugar! My daily goal for sugar is 24g. What are some good snacks that will keep me full and not cause me to consume so much sugar daily??

Replies

• surfinbernard
    Options
    crudites and hummus, crackers with cottage cheese, low fat cheese or cheese spread, low calorie crisps, a boiled egg... if you really want something sweet you could try natural or artificial sweetener to make your own dessert, or artificially sweetened yoghurts and desserts but you may consider these unhealthy.
  • bdreilly
    Options
    I have the same problem, that and not enough potassium. There was one day I did not go over my sugar and I had: english muffin with 1 oz cheddar cheese, FF Pringles, Healthy Choice meal, Rice, Chicken breast, steamers veggies, beef jerky, granola bar, Weight Watchers Mini Fudge Bar, and one other thing that was quick added...
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i dont count fruit sugar, otherwise i would go over with my all fruit smoothe. Now, my rule is anything more than 9g sugar per serving is candy. I would love to try luna bars, but most have too much sugar to justify when one is half my sugar for the day. As far as cereal, i like bear naked vanilla nut or a packet of low sugar flavored oatmeal with cold soymilk.
  • energy4life
    Options
    Popcorn is healthy and gives you a crunch. Cinnamon helps sugar craving. There is kashi cinnamon harvest cereal has 9 grams sugar and solube fiber1 gram and insoluble fiber 4 gram and protein 6 grams. The more you crave sugar the more water you should take instead. There may be yeast factors that make you want sugar more. Eat some cashews or raw vegetable or even light cleanse. Sugar was really hard for me at first too. I would get cranky. So I forced myself to just drink more water and take the above suggestions and it's helped me immensly. Good luck, hang in there . You can try juicing as well.
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    I always go over my sugar too, but it is mostly due to the fruits that I eat. Even my salsa had sugar in it. I've just decided there is no way for me not to go over because I will continue to eat my apples and peanut butter. String cheese would be a good snack for you.