New Here

Options
I am new here and really hoping this works for me! I already lost weight once and got down where I wanted to be, but after 2 years started taking BC pills and gained it all back. Then, I was working and going to college full time and eating like crap which didn't help. Now, I really have no excuse not to get back into shape.

I have been trying to go to the gym everyday to do 20 minute intense intervals of cardio, but haven't been very good about making it everyday. I also definitely need to watch what I'm eating better and cut back on the happy hours out with friends. :smile:

Replies

• OregonGirl80
    Options
    I am new here and really hoping this works for me! I already lost weight once and got down where I wanted to be, but after 2 years started taking BC pills and gained it all back. Then, I was working and going to college full time and eating like crap which didn't help. Now, I really have no excuse not to get back into shape.

I have been trying to go to the gym everyday to do 20 minute intense intervals of cardio, but haven't been very good about making it everyday. I also definitely need to watch what I'm eating better and cut back on the happy hours out with friends. :smile:
  • dale1001
    dale1001 Posts: 2
    Options

Good luck w/ everything you do! My wife and I are from Oregon (now in MN) and miss it terribly.
  • txdyno14
    txdyno14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!

I am new here too. My husband and I just joined a gym. Have been doing great the last two weeks. Hoping the momentum stays. Didn't go yesterday, so that means I have to go tonight. Would love to go in the morning but I want to support my husband and go when he goes. So I'm having to go at night. I will say going at night I do sleep better. But it is so hard to stay up and let my food digest before going to bed. Hopefully that will get easier. As for going to the gym I love doing cario, hate doing weight trainning. Does anybody have any suggestions!??!!?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP all 3 of you! Good luck on your fitness goals!

txdyno14 - I really have no good suggestions for "fun" weight training for you. Have you tried using weighted hand gloves while you do your cardio?
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • txdyno14
    txdyno14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will give it a try!!
  • andreaandy
    Options
    Welcome to you all , this site is great and help is always at hand.:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: :smile: