Get Off The Couch!!!!

Options
I ate a big delicious breakfast on Purpose this morning. I want to make sure I have enough energy to get a good solid workout today. So motivated to see ounces shed off every time I step on the scale. If I hadn't seen people on here "tracking there exercise", I know I wouldn't have gotten on the treadmill for 20min last night. EVERY little bit counts and the most important thing is to just moment by moment work through your addictions to food, addictions to just 'giving in', addictions to saying I'm too tired, addiction to letting the worldly mentality of "I deserve this" or "I can do what I want" creep in and overpower our TRUE desires. DON'T give in. Keep strong! KNOW that you are powerful and worth every hard moment you have to face to get to a joyful one.
Yesterday, I was food motivated. Going through menses and wanting every single piece of food I could get my hands on. Over and over, I had to say no to ME. I had to say 'that's enough' or 'stop it'. My physical being doesn't want to be pushed...I am like a child on the inside saying "gimme gimme gimme". I am willing to face this horrible and yes scary side of myself and say "This is unacceptable behaviour and it needs to stop"!!!!!
Are you willing to face yourself and say "Enough"?
It has only been a few (seriously, like 3) days that I have been on here, but each time I win a battle against myself, I smile. Instead of going to bed worn out and crabbly like I had felt ALL day, I went to bed proud of myself and happy. Each day CAN be a success because YOU are strong, YOU are powerful, and you CAN do this.
Get off the couch, computer chair, or bed... put on your tennis shoes and tell me how much you lose!!!!!!!!!

<3

Replies

• AmDurling
    Options
    Amazing! That is one of the most well put expressions of the battle within. You have written what most of us are finally beginning to understand.

Good Luck on your journey and if you wish you can add me as a friend. Encouragement goes a long way!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the child analogy - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

And yes, if I saw a mother giving in to a child's demands I'd be rolling my eyes and tutting, yet when I used to give in to my 'brain child' that was a different matter!

Thank you for giving me an image that I can use the next time I need to say a firm No! to myself :happy:
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Another wonderful post from you. I am so glad that we can help to motivate you and that you are winning your internal battle. I know it can be hard, but you are doing it. And trust me, it does start to get a bit easier! :flowerforyou:
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Your post gave me chill bumps...feelings so very well expressed. Thank you...I needed to hear your words. I'm sending you a friend request...hoping you will accept.

Julie
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    Great post. We do indeed need to say no to the nagging voice within. 'Cos if we don't, it's short term happiness and long term pain... and not dealing with the real issues anyway!
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well said. Thanks for reminding me that some non scale victories are simply saying NO to lying on the couch, taking a taste, or giving in to peer pressure. Good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • seasargasso
    seasargasso Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thank you for sharing. I am inspired. It's truly like talking to that little kid inside who wants instant gratification. The more mature me needs to have a little chat with the other me:-). Enough is enough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!