Favorite Healthy Snacks?

Options
Hi everyone,

Have you discovered a favorite healthy snack...something that actually feels like a bit of a treat and is reasonably filling? I'm looking for some new ideas. I just had a Kashi Waffle with 1/4 cup of greek yogurt on top, and a drizzle of agave nectar, and that was **delicious** (and healthy!) but a little high in calories for a snack.

I'd love to hear what others do for a mid-afternoon snack (or, anytime, really)!

M

Replies

• ciciNutJob
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese and 1/3 of mandarin oranges in light syrup...its delicious!!! I promise ;)
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Peasepudding yum
  • iambic
    Options
    Cottage cheese and mandarin oranges! Great idea!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    fat free greek yogurt mixed with sugar free cherry jello powder. Dessert-y, filling, and delicious :smile:
  • iambic
    Options
    Peasepudding yum

What is this? I've never heard of it! :)
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    for a light dessert for my family, I did 1/4 cup sf banana pudding, 1/4 sliced banana, 1/4 cup sf chocolate pudding, 1/4 sliced strawberries, topped with 2 tbsp lite whipped cream. It was around 100 calories or so, SO delish and the kids LOVED it!

My personal favorite snack isn't dessert at all, but I like fresh sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers lightly drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Nature's Seasoning. I kind of do my happy dance when I'm eating it!

Another good snack/dessert idea is taking graham crackers (chocolate works best) and using one whole cracker, broken in half, with two tbsp of lite whipped cream spread between them. Freeze it, then eat. It's like having an ice cream sandwich but for FAR fewer calories!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Peasepudding yum

What is this? I've never heard of it! :)
    it's a northern uk think like a dip or spread made with yellow split peas salt and water