Snacking/sweets

Options
I'm a sweet-aholic and fruit sugar is not helping....I've been trying to cut out desserts all together, but then find myself craving it even more...Please help!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    fit some of the things you like into your daily cals, maybe take 10-15% of your caloric allowance and use them for whatever you want.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    rice krispy treats are my savior.. they're 90 calories and really help my sweet tooth..also popsicles, smoothies, fiber one 90 calorie bars... all sweet, all satisfying :)
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein bars because they make me feel like I am eating a candy bar... I been eating them for a long time so for me I love them and they work... But some people cant stand them, and/or you have to find the right one.
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    I eat quakers chocolate crunch rice cakes. It tastes like a crunch bar
  • Cereal bars & yoghurt are always good snacks :) They come in all sort of varieties so you could never get bored of them :P
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yogurt Raisins, Skinny Cow ice creams!!!
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I still allow myself the sweets I crave because I know if I dont then I'm doomed to fail eventually. I've learned that I can handle eating just half a chocolate bar instead of the whole thing and I've also discovered "Skinny Cow" candy! It's amazing! You just have to find what works for you. You can still have your sweets...you just have to make sure you fit it into your daily calorie allotment. :)
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding, 60 calories. skinny cow ice cream, 150. mini rice cakes 110.fudgsickle 40 calories for 1/2 no sugar added.
    Lot of things for that sweet craving and chocolate one to. I can not go through life not have somethings I enjoy! I am still looking for those things that are just not as bad :)
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have thins very problem. I dont miss eating unhealthy just the sweets. And if i was to take a small bite of something sweet ill be craving sweets so much more for days after.
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone...This is going to help me a lot :)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have 70 cal mini ice cream cones and 60 cal mini mint chocolate chip cookie sandwiches; both are delicious. I also eat a lot of the Edy's/Dreyer's Slow Churned individual ice cream cups; they range from about 170-190 cals depending on flavor.

If you're more of a candy person, try the Skinny Cow Milk or Dark Chocolate Clusters. They kind of taste like a 100 Grand candy bar, only for 120 cals.