Breakfast - The Most Important Meal of the Day!

Options
2»

Replies

• Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have two go-to breakfasts.

Breakfast #1. 2 boiled Eggland’s Best eggs with 1 slice of toasted sprouted grain & legume bread and 1 pat of butter. (236 calories)

Breakfast #2. 1 packet of Better Oats Cinnamon Roll instant oatmeal with 1 scoop collagen peptides and 1/4 cup Fairlife fat free milk and 1 slice toasted sprouted grain & legume bread and 1 pat of butter. (286 calories)

If you haven’t tried the Better Oats brand of oats, you should try it. I LOVE the Cinnamon Roll flavor. It also has some flax seed mixed in so you get some healthy fat with your oats. I also love all of the sprouted grain breads. If you like a good, hearty bread, you should try it. The brand at my grocery is the Simple Truth brand. My dog loves sprouted grain bread too…not that I consider my dog’s taste in food a reliable recommendation. He’s been known to eat some pretty gross stuff.
  • Katherinelittle24
    Katherinelittle24 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Some easy breakfast ideas that I have come up with myself that I made in advance are breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos. I make them in one batch and I either put it in the refrigerator and, or freezer. In the morning, I just take one out and put it in the microwave or in my toaster oven and I got myself a nutritious breakfast. I eat it with some fruit, either strawberries or grapes. For my burrito, I usually measure out my egg, put in some grill onion and bell pepper with some turkey sausage, or ham and maybe some spinach. I use whole wheat plant based protein tortillas because of the protein content and for my breakfast sandwiches I use whole grain English muffins.

Another easy breakfast option is to make your breakfast in a ramekin, I sometimes put mushrooms on the bottom with some other mix vegetables with one egg and some cheese on top, cook it in the oven for like twenty minutes. So easy! It literally takes like five minutes to prep and than I usually make like three of them, I put the left overs in the refrigerator for the next day.

There are so many options! :) I hope these help!
  • markevansva
    markevansva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    can you tell me where you purchased your whole wheat plant based protein tortillas?
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Here's my breakfast which I eat every day. I prefer buckwheat roasted so I do that in bulk and then I steam several portions in a rice cooker each week ready for brekkies:
    96nc5dn4nz8q.png
  • jrowens3102
    jrowens3102 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was on an overnight oatmeal kick for, like...2 years, haha. Time to mix it up. This is a new recipe for me. I've tried other chia puddings in the past and didn't really like them but this one is good.

I'm eating these this week along with a whole pear. My puddings look like a crime scene with raspberry juice everywhere, lol, but they're tasty, go together in just a couple minutes and FILLING! I wound up not eating lunch until after 2pm yesterday.

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/258637/cocoa-chia-pudding-with-raspberries/
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    Options
    If I get to sleep in until 7 or later, I typically don't eat breakfast at all. For those days work has me waking at 4 or 5, I grab a Special K protein bar. Taste and consistency of a granola bar, but with 12g of protein and 5g of fiber they are decent at delaying hunger until lunch.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to eat breakfast unless I am feeling very hungry. I find that when I eat breakfast I feel hungrier at lunch time than when I do not. My husband is diabetic and does need eat breakfast every day so I like to make him a quiche with lots of veggies and he eats it throughout the week with a slice of high fiber toast or fruit.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I used to never eat breakfast but I've been focusing on adding more protein so now I do 2 eggs in the morning. If I'm going to the gym (I usually go after work) I will add some toast + jam.

On mornings I don't eat breakfast I will sometimes have a bowl of grape nut flakes at work. I keep a box of the stuff in my office, and work provides milk in the breakroom fridge.
  • AZAlyssa
    AZAlyssa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make a weekly veggie crustless quiche that I put whatever veggies I have on hand in along with 2 eggs per serving. I either do 8 eggs in a 9x13 or 4 in a 9 in pie plate. I don't bother with cheese or meat. I can eat these as-is with a side of Ezekiel toast, rolled in a low carb tortilla with salsa, or on a whole grain English muffin.

I also do overnight chia/oats. Cottage cheese is also a reasonable amount of protein and can go either sweet or savory. Sweet potato hash and an egg is another option to keep things interesting.

My new favorite, though, is a toasted English muffin with ricotta, thawed frozen cherries (no sugar added), and cinnamon on top.
  • fattynatty5833
    fattynatty5833 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you like marmite, cook some mushrooms, add a little marmite and a spoon of philidelphia to them then put them onto toast or into a wholemeal pitta for on the go.
    The recipe is from pinch of nom....😋😋
  • sherrymiller8093
    Options
    When I was on the keto diet I made chaffles. Mini waffle sandwiches made with cheese , egg and a tiny bit of almond flour. Just cook in the mini waffle maker until golden. I also made sausage ball Patties the same way and and ate together. You can make a bunch and freeze them.
  • jenniferwise7044
    Options
    Crack an Egg. You can find them in the egg section of your grocery store. Quick, easy and yummy.
  • ISokol1
    ISokol1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My go-to are eggs in various preparations:
    1. An omelette with 2 eggs, 1 tbsp of milk, some salt, mix it all, heat up a pan with a bit of oil till it's very hot, put the mixture on it, and as soon as the first bottom layer solidifies, gently pick it up and tilt the pan for the liquid that's on top to go on the bottom. This results in a really nice fluffy omelette.
    2. Hard boiled eggs, with a bit of smoked salmon on top, cucumber, tomato.
    3. Soft-boiled eggs, actually, the yolk is liquid and the white is solid, a piece of a multi-grain bread with a bit of butter.
  • xojenbrassardxo
    xojenbrassardxo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like quick oats with a little bit of brown sugar and fruit, yogurt with fruit, or a protein smoothie with frozen berries, almond milk, protein powder and spinach.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Crack an Egg. You can find them in the egg section of your grocery store. Quick, easy and yummy.

Used to love eggs, got covid in October and now I can't stomach them, no idea why.
  • dmsheehan29
    dmsheehan29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cheerios with a banana. Works every time.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    6 oz plain non-fat greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup berries of choice. I add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a tbsp of chopped nuts or granola sometimes. I also use a dash of sweetener.

1/3 cup quick oats mixed with 2/3 cup water, microwaved for about 60-80 seconds. I mix in a couple tbsp of unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup berries, or sometimes 1/2 a medium banana or 1/2 a chopped apple if I want the carbs. Add a little cinnamon and a bit of sweetener.

100 calorie multi grain english muffin topped with 1 tbsp each peanut butter and no sugar added jam. Sometimes I top the peanut butter with a few slices of banana if I can work in the carbs. Or I do the same with a couple slices of light multi-grain bread instead of the english muffin.

Usually once a month I make a crustless quiche to eat through out the week. I do veggie ( usually broccoli, zucchini, or asparagus) and cheese but sometimes I add some lean chopped ham.

Once a week I hard boil a few eggs to keep in the fridge for when I need something quick.

• xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I do overnight oats a lot - add nuts, yogurt, cinnamon, fruit, whatever. The discipline of making it the night before, and then having something right there, the right portions, that won't last long, helps to keep me on track with eating what I am supposed to, which is a great way to start the day. Same with chia pudding, though that is a bit less healthy for me as I can't find a low sugar version I really like. Or on days that I have a bit more time (like 10 minutes) scrambled tofu or eggwhite scramble with vegies.

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    For about a decade, the only breakfast I would have on work days was Vega One with plain yogurt.

I worked a job where I absolutely could not take a break to eat, so whatever I had for breakfast had to keep me full and working at a very intense pace for 6-7 straight hours. Vega One with plain yogurt was the only meal I ever found that could do that and not leave me miserable around hours 4-5. Plus it was stupid easy to make during a rushed morning.

Now I do IF though and just don't eat breakfast, so that's even easier.