Weight Watchers?

Options
Does anyone use it? Have you had success with it? I have 2 friends who have done it and so far are really successful. Just want to know thoughts!

Replies

• pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers have been at goal weight since 1998. I no longer follow the points plus program (the new program), I follow the previous program Momentum. Momentum just worked better for me, I was slowly gaining weight on the Points Plus Program. Points Plus works very well for most people but unfortunately not for all.
  • jennlee80
    Options
    I'm interested to hear anyone's success too!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs on it. It worked very well for me.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I used WW in the past. I have much much much more success on MFP. Plus, this is free!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have done it 2 times, successful both times. But just as successful using MFP, in all honesty.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I used WW in the past. I have much much much more success on MFP. Plus, this is free!

MFP is so much better and free to boot. You can't get any better then MFP.
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I LOVE weight watchers but I always do best with their non-count plan (it was core and now it's simply filling technique) so that is what I do. I lost 100 lbs on the core plan - the only time I'd ever been successful at weight loss even though I've tried it all. Then I got pregnant with my son, after he was born I tried counting points/calories for 4 years now and nada - back to core (simply filling for me). It's the best plan for ME...but we are all different in what works for us mentally ;) I know its' weird to hang out at MFP when I don't even count but I love the support here, I like logging my weight and I've made good friends so I hang around anyway.
  • fidler0904
    Options
    I've done WW and been very successful - I lost 28lbs on WW, and kept it off. Its a great program, but it can get expensive - especially when I benefitted the most from going to the meetings. The online program was good too - but if I can't go to the meetings then I'd rather do this site :)
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I lost weight twice on weight watchers, but could not maintain. It taught me about weighing my food, but it didn't teach me how to change my lifestyle. Exercise was lightly talked about, and doing the points just had you learning about points and not about nutrition.

I learned all of that here.
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Ditto!!!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options

MFP is so much better and free to boot. You can't get any better then MFP.

Ditto..... I was on Weight Watchers for a long time, lost over 30 lbs.. but as soon as I stop following the points, I gradually gained it all back. I just don't want to be a SLAVE to points the rest of my life. I'm actually having more success and losing lbs. quicker with MFP..... and it's free! What more could you ask for?!
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm on WW online I have been fr 4 months now. I have lost 28.6lb and 21". I have been doing both this week and it really seems the same. I'm thinking of stoping WW only because this is free. IDK kinda scared since I have been losing.
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've also tried WW (with my mother and sister). I lost some weight, and it was good for a while. However I'm not really into the meetings, so was just going for the weigh-in.

MFP is much better for me. I find it easier to track calories, and can use it for my own recipes too. A friend was joining MFP and suggested I join too, so we support each other.
  • kimberly130
    Options
    I LOVE weight watcher! I lost 35lbs by going to the meetings and using their suggestions. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow time for the WW meetings but, since ive found this site it does the trick!! I have several friends that used WW too and lost the weight. I also find it easier to maintain and keep the weight off. The only down side it that a lot of the prepared meals are SOOO high in sodium!. Instead I would use the meals as ideas and try to cook them myself using fresh stuff instead of frozen.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In the 1980s i got my gold key and i never have to rejoin but I found it not really helpful and not real supportive.. so i have done well with mfp.. I gained it all back but back then it was much harder. I tried it again last year but didn't feel i got very much support and it seemed to be all about money
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm on WW online I have been fr 4 months now. I have lost 28.6lb and 21". I have been doing both this week and it really seems the same. I'm thinking of stoping WW only because this is free. IDK kinda scared since I have been losing.

i switched using the same strategy. Losing fine on mfp.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers have been at goal weight since 1998. I no longer follow the points plus program (the new program), I follow the previous program Momentum. Momentum just worked better for me, I was slowly gaining weight on the Points Plus Program. Points Plus works very well for most people but unfortunately not for all.

I agree if u did the old program the new one probably won't work but if u haven't done it before it will work if u follow it!
    I lost 75# on the old program in 14 months.

Then got pregnant. Working on losing that weight now but not a fan of the new points plus program.

Not sure that helps or not. LOL

Good luck
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am currently a WW member but since joining MFP in May of this year I no longer count points. I will be a WW member until November and then I am not renewing my membersip cause I've had better success since joining MFP. It took me a year to lose 20 lbs. on WW and since joining MFP in May I have lost 18 lbs. Plus, I find having to learn points and using the points calculator to figure out points is just too annoying. I'll take calories and MFP any day and it's FREE. Also, I felt like I was throwing my money away those weeks that I didn't lose. My advice would be to try MFP first and see how it goes. There is a lot of great support on this site. Good luck to you whatever you decide.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I liked the community aspect of WW but MFP's website is SO SO SO much better than WW's. NO CONTEST! If you want to spend the money, WW is fun and I did loose more b/c of the support.
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've found that i've gained weight on MFP though...so weight watchers may be worth a shot??