P90X

Options
not sure thats the name.. but saw it on TV and then alot of post on here and other sites.. is there anyone on here that it has ever worked for

Replies

• miss_nevin
    Options
    not sure thats the name.. but saw it on TV and then alot of post on here and other sites.. is there anyone on here that it has ever worked for
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you do it, it can't not work.

Lots of threads and lots of support here and at beachbody. Do some research; you'll quickly find out why there's so much chatter about it. It works if you work at it...workouts and nutrition.
  • miss_nevin
    Options
    I work out at the gym 4 times a week i watch what i eat and still nothing so i was looking for something to do at home on the days i dont work out
  • tooFAT2
    tooFAT2 Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree P90X does work as long as use the dvds & eat properly....I first used beachbody's Slim in Six programs then a bit of P90(this program is less intense than P90X)...I got great results with the beachbody programs....I lost inches...not much weight BUT inches...I think the beachbody programs are effective...you should check them out. that is just my opinion.

melissa
  • sassyandsexy1
    Options
    I like the program,,, I've gone to the gym a lot too and not seen too much changes,,, I know alot is the eating,,, I haven't done always the best, but am back on track... Each dvd is different, I am doing more pull ups,, and looking forward to seeing changes,,, even if it takes the whole 3months (2 months left) and need to do the program again, because of some of my poor eating habits,, but will keep doing it,,, keeping moving ahead..
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome! It's an incredible home fitness program. There's a LOT more info here on this thread if you want to check it out. Let me know if you have any more questions!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42309-p90x-starting-a-new-thread
  • nerveracker
    Options
    There's my buddy Mgullete!!!
    YES P90X "works" but just like Mgullete said, it only works if you do it! and do it 100%
    you can't cheat on one of the other (nutrition or workouts) or both.. Just like they say Decide, Commit, Succeed. and it takes all 3 Deciding is the first part. Committing is the hardest, part, Succeeding is what comes after all the commitment and the blood sweat and tears of following the program, and not having that extra triple cheeseburger with extra mayo and bacon.
    I'm on my 3rd week of P90X and I love it! its kicking my @ss, it's intense, it's relentless, but man it's worth every penny!. And you don't have to stop with just 1 round!!!!! challenge yourself, do a round of doubles or a round of lean or mix and match with other beachbody programs.. or if you're really feeling amitious hit a round or 2 or P90X+ (it's a kicked up version of P90X) if original P90X isn't enough after your first round! :laugh:
    key point: it works as long as you commit yourself to it
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    It definitely works, my hubby has been on the program now over a month and has lost 12 pounds, the problem he finds, is he'd rather be in the gym then at home, he fihds he works out hardedr when other people are around, I could never do a DVD, I'm a gym rat, so I've not tried it. My only beef is the price, I think it's crazy!!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    P90X works because you somehow feel accountable to Tony Horton (the trainer on the DVDs). This series is set up in such a way that you do not want to miss any workouts. The entire 90 days is mapped out for you. I go to the gym, but I incorporate the P90X routines into my workout. I see too many people at the gym wasting time and not working out nearly hard enough. P90X is non-stop action for one hour (sometimes more). You will sweat. You will work hard. You will get sore. You will get fit. If you make a commitment to this program and eat a clean diet as prescribed in the P90X book, you will see tremendous results.

By the way, the reason I go to the gym is because our workout room is next to our bedroom. I don't want to wake up my wife at 4:30 am. I do a 45 min workout early, and go to the gym during my lunch hour. Sometimes I pop in a P90X cd in the evening and do a partial workout. After you complete the 90 days, you can keep repeating the program or use it as you develop your own hybrid workout...that's what I do.
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    I just ordered P90 (the easier, 30 min&half priced version). P90 is the precursor to P90X and is designed for people who are not is great shape already. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    OH ROCK ON SallyAnn... Good for you!!!! :glasses: Awesome choice. Maybe I should have started with P90, but I'm a tad psychotic! So, I had to start extreme and there's been no looking back. I think I'm gonna grab up ChaLean after round 2 of P90X to get a little more variation in my routines. From what I've seen, ChaLean is no joke either.
    But good for you, you've made a very good choice! Keep us posted!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OH ROCK ON SallyAnn... Good for you!!!! :glasses: Awesome choice. Maybe I should have started with P90, but I'm a tad psychotic! So, I had to start extreme and there's been no looking back. I think I'm gonna grab up ChaLean after round 2 of P90X to get a little more variation in my routines. From what I've seen, ChaLean is no joke either.
    But good for you, you've made a very good choice! Keep us posted!

Oh, you will love ChaLean!! P90X and ChaLean Extreme are now my favorite BB workouts!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I just ordered P90 (the easier, 30 min&half priced version). P90 is the precursor to P90X and is designed for people who are not is great shape already. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good for you! I'm sure you will love P90, I've seen a lot of people get incredible results from it! :bigsmile:
  • tooFAT2
    tooFAT2 Posts: 29
    Options

GOOD FOR YOU...I have P90 too...I might start it soon...it is much easier than P90X...

I will have to modify the moves though due to my herniated disc BUT the doc told me to do any exercise but stop if I feel pain...SO I think tomorrow might be my start date for P90...I have been ordered by the doc to LOSE ten pounds and atleast I have 3 months to lose them.... I think P90 is the key. just modified:wink:
    I am sure that you will like it!

melissa