Elimination diet

Options
rocketass99
rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
edited February 2022 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone have any experience with an elimination diet? I'm not sure what food to try

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    What are you eliminating and why?

Many of these diets give you lists of what you can and cannot eat. A dietician might also be helpful if you're trying to solve a particular issue by changing your diet.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I am eliminating dairy to see if it helps with my skin and digestion.

Dairy is so pervasive in my diet, I had to completely change things.

I am trying platejoy - definitely some pros and cons. But I'm able to tell it "no dairy" and it makes me a whole menu without dairy, then gives me a shopping list. I hear emeals is similar, if I'm not fully satisfied with platejoy I may try it out.
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    At the advice of my new PCP, a functional medicine doctor, today is the first day of my IFM (Institute of Functional Medicine) elimination + nightshade-free diet to try & figure out if food is part of my chronic inflammation/joint & muscle aches, tiredness, sinus, & gut issues. No beef (lamb & game meat allowed), pork, shellfish, gluten, sugar (honey, real maple syrup, monk fruit, stevia & a few others allowed, but no artificial sweeteners), dairy, eggs, soy, peanut, nightshades (tomatoes, white potatoes, any kind of pepper or pepper containing spice-black/white pepper aren't nightshades-ashwagandha, & eggplant), caffeine, or alcohol. There is no calorie restriction, so that's good & I won't fret if I go over my calories for a while & I may end up changing my macros once I get a week or so into it. I decided to make myself a decadent dinner not to be so bummed out about missing some of my favorite foods. Roasted Brussels sprouts & sweet potato planks, cherry balsamic marinated lamb chops with pistachio-mint pesto. Lamb was never a favorite & I haven’t had it for years, but this was fantastic! As I sat down to eat & turned on the game, it dawned on me - I feel like a Bengal eating some baby ram! I hope that's a good premonition! Geaux Jeaux!09oa5p6fi5mt.jpg
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found a website called nourishingmeals.com that has just about every kind of diet. You select your diet and then you only see recipes for your specific need. It's a paysite, $14/mo or $120/yr after a 7-day free trial. You can compile meal plans, calendars, and shopping lists. The meal I cooked tonight was inspired by a few recipes I reviewed for IFM Elimination + Nightshade free. I will be able to amend it as I slowly re-introduce foods after the first 21 days.