happy saturday my fitness pal member! need some support!!

Options
Have been a member for nearly a year...new to posting though
Stuck right now on weight loss, back to only one pound lost :(
Former athlete (swimmer, cyclist), gained the pounds in graduate school, and now working in stressful office job...married, no kids, wanting to wear my blue jeans again and feel better about myself.

Replies

• SandraMtaylor
    Options
    I know what you mean about the weight loss. I have been stuck for a long time, just starting to lose agian. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tarablinn2007
    tarablinn2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is hard when you get to a point where you're not loosing anymore. I hope that you are able to strive forward with it though so that you can shed those pounds! I've been on here for 45 days so far... I have lost 25 pounds and I am loving it! I think it helps that my husband is doing this with me. While he is almost as his ideal weight, I have no fear that he will continue to help me. Maybe try implementing that the whole company do a weight challenge just so you have someone to bounce ideas off of? Good luck to you!
  • coulter74
    Options
    Just started two days ago,,IT sucks,,it will take time,,That is what I tell my self,,It took a long time to put it on,,so it will take a long time to take it off. One day at a time :)
  • CoachNYLA
    Options
    Thanks for reaching out...

I am a former figure competitor and a fitness trainer and have been in burnout and rebound coming off the shows and I gotta tell you what I have been doing to get me pumped up and out of the funk....ready? P90X

I have always been a gym rat and never a DVD kinda gal PLUS it can be embarrassing to admit that I need someone else to think for me relative to a routine but seriously, I gotta tell you that it keeps me engaged and focused.

Don't know if that helps on an idea to try it like I.

The one thing I have learned especially since I am older - hum hum....how important it is to find a sport/exercise routine that I feel engaged with.

The splits always change day to day and I never get bored.

No matter what I really think that one needs to find a "new experience" in a lifestyle fitness program. Like a breath of fresh air.

I was really struggling trying to get re-excited about getting back into my old training splits and routines and it was not working. I would get excited for about 1 or 2 weeks and then I would get tired, like on Friday and not want to go back until I could not take the sloth anymore...then I would go back and then I would not and so on....

I hope you may find something that could give you a new experience with your fitness as it has helped me finally get out of the rut and on a new fresh path and back to my old/new self again.

P.S. I had a Cannondale and used to train on 60 mile rides way back in the day and loved it....I remember the groove sitting in the cadance and on that buzz....trust you will find your rythm if you just keep looking and asking for a new experience.

I hope some of this helped in support.

Take care of you and always, Train Like You Mean It!.

Nyla
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for your comments!! appreciate the thoughts and ideas...
    figured out am emtional eater, and despite knowing how to work-out and what to eat - am not doing it well enough!
    big hugs to you all! looking forward to mutual support in diet, health and fitness
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I own p90x...I liked it, was not consistent user - no doubt an excellent work-out, miss the comraderie of fellow athletes tho..have rejoined my local health club- taking spin class (love this) and yoga (which is an effort)
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lost weight a few years ago with the help of a nutritionist and when I stopped seeing her, I gained all of the weight back and then some. I've been stuck for quite a while. I'm trying to get back on the horse (so to speak) and get some of my weight off. If you'd like a friend, send me a request and I'll happily accept. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.
  • isapedeve
    Options
    Hey, wb here..
    Well I think that if you're former athlete, your body could respond very well to those new training methods like Insanity, Turbo Fire and the mentioned P90X. I'm really engaged with Turbo Fire, cuz Chalene (the instructor) has this energy that keeps you motivated and makes you push harder and give an extra even if you're tired. If you want to take a look http://youtu.be/oRGTuvoEgdA
    I may confess I've been with this battle against weight since I was 18, some years I get committed and loose pounds, some others are kinda sabatic.. haha.. but the point is to always keep trying. It's like being on a program of a continous self improvement that makes you feel good.
    Good luck and be possitive, it doesn't matter if you quit sometimes, the point is get back on the track and continue with the hard work to your goal. :)