Almost done with the first week - becoming addicted!

Options
I am finishing up my first week on Monday and I love myfitnesspal! I find myself reading blogs, posts, etc. and getting great ideas every time I have an extra minute! I've done WW in the past, but I hate paying for it. I work out quite a bit (at least 5 times a week). I weight about 140 and am looking to drop that last stubborn 10. I'm a high school teacher and have 4 kids so those last 10 have been tough to lose especially since we enjoy tailgating, and hanging out with friends (which always involves food and drink)! I'm looking to be friends with people with similar goals so I can get work-out ideas/motivation from them!

Replies

• ConnieSG
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It does get addicting being on here.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It becomes addictive, I've had to force myself off the computer so I can get to work on time!! As soon as I eat, I jump on line to input my food. By doing so, I've found that I end up looking at the forums long enough that I don't want seconds or more food that I earlier thought I wanted. It's a good addiction! Welcome to MFP!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be very addictive. I found myself getting really engorssed in everthing and 5 weeks on I'm still online on MFP for an hour or two each day. Of couse much of that is completing my diary but i also like to read the boards and blog.

But it's a better addiction than food and as long as we remember to step away from the pc for a while to get some exercise in then it's not that bad if it's doing us good :wink:
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    You have picked the right place!! Lots of support and motivating people. Good luck with your goals!!
  • loridaisy1
    loridaisy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my first week too after starting and stopping Labor Day. Down 4 Lbs. Need to lose another 4 this week. Ha we shall see!
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    MFP is pretty great. I have been using it continuously for the last 20 days and have been getting good result. I too am working on the last portion of weight loss I want to accomplish which have been the hardest pounds to lose. MFP helps to keep track of those calories.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I too have dropped WW and found this to work much better. Welcome! Friended you. ; )
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    yes, it is VERY addictive.

I find myself signing in to MFP to check on my friends, well before I sign into Facebook.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This site is a total revelation isn't it?
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This site is a total revelation isn't it?

VERY TRUE STATEMENT. YOU BECOME SO AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING, NOT EATING, HOW MUCH YOU DO OR DON'T EXCERCISE. I LOVE IT. MY FRIEND STARTED WW AT THE SAME TIME I STARTED MFP AND SHE HAS ONLY DROPPED 9 POUNDS. SHE IS MAD AT ME, NOT REALLY, BUT SAYS BEFORE SHE PAYS WW AGAIN, SHE WILL TRY MFP
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    I've been here for about a week and a half, and have found the same things are true: I check in a few times a day, not just to update my food diary, but also to see what my friends are up to, and what people are talking about. I've already gotten a few insights into my habits. What's even better, is sometimes commenting on someone's post helps me keep myself motivated. Stick with it! You know it's helping already!