Fage is not the same. Now seeking suggestions for a new plain 2% yogurt, preferably organic

Options
I nearly missed a significant change in Fage yogurt. I thought it was just a packaging change. Then I noticed that the yogurt that I loved, Fage 2% plain no longer would take me through my morning to lunch. I had been eating Fage 2% plain yogurt in the 7 ounce cup almost daily for more than 30 years. Now, I kept finding my self ravenous an hour or two before lunch. I also noticed that the consistency did not seem exactly the same. So, I took a close look at the cup. It is no longer 7 oz. It is now only 5.3 oz. (same price) and it only has 100 calories --- no wonder I am starved, even with fruit and 1/4 cup of granola, it is inadequate. So I am looking for recommendations for a new low fat (2%-5%) yogurt, preferably organic (a step up from Fage which is not).

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to ask. Did you do the calorie math on your 5.3 oz vs 7 oz?

I can't help on suggestions because I only buy the danon 0% vanilla greek yogurt or 0% fage (or a reasonable facsimile...whatever's cheaper).

And I never bought into organic is better. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just buy a bigger container of Fage and portion it out? It's a lot cheaper to buy the 1000g package than the smaller individual ones. Or just have a little extra granola.

And agree that "organic" isn't worth it to me.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'll second the idea of just buying a larger tub of the Fage and portioning out how much you want.

It will be less expensive, and create less waste.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'll second the idea of just buying a larger tub of the Fage and portioning out how much you want.

It will be less expensive, and create less waste.

Yeah, this is what I do too, it's much cheaper!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I've tried many other brands of Greek yogurt and always come back to Fage (0%). Like others, I buy the larger size and scoop out how much I want. I haven't noticed any difference in their yogurt recently, but, like everything else, the price has gone up. Sigh.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I like the Fage 5% it's always been in the 5.3oz though.

Sometimes they sell different sizes at different stores. Are you still buying at the same place?

I could get 32oz Greek Gods yogurt for my kids at Walmart but only 24oz or something like that at Kroger.