Looking for support care and encouragement

Options
I'm not new new, just looking for support, care and encouragement, and people to stick by me and not give up on me.

I have a slu of health issues, I've tried MFP, for a bit now, and just don't stick to it, people say do it for u, but, again for me, in order to do it, I need support, encouragement and care.

I have

-Congential Hydrocephalus
-Retinaopathy of Prematurity
-Hypertonia
-2 L5 S1 Discectomies
-Chronic Knee, and Ankle Pain
-Rhematoid Arthritis
-Osteo Arthritis
-Groin Pain

I would like to start going back to the gym, I just don't have the motivation to go.

Any support, care, encouragement would be appreciated

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    to lose weight, you dont have to work out. just eat in a deficit. weight loss happens in a kitchen, fitness in a gym.

many of us (and im not saying you should, as 1- im not your doc and 2- i dont know your particular circumstances) find ways to work out with chronic pain. If you have access to a pool (many Y's have one) water exercise can be quite good for arthritis and joint pains, as it takes the pressure and impact off them. I'm looking at a possible hip surgery later this year (go to the doc in 2 weeks), and have a spartan I'm doing in april. pain or no pain. cause... well, I've paid for it and I'm going with friends, and I'm doing it, even if I know I'm nowhere prepared for it-on multiple counts- LMAO. But again, everyones situation is different, and that should be a discussion between you and your doc, and im not familiar at all with your other issues so have no clue how they come into play.

When it comes to support and encouragement, we can do that. But at the end of the day...it all still boils down to YOU. Do we know how hard it is to stay committed and consistent? yes. Do we know how long it takes? yes. Do we understand the frustrations of the scale not moving? yes. But we can't plan your meals for you. or weigh or log your food. or even know if you are truly being 100% accurate and honest in your logging (though sometimes we can tell, depending on the situation). I've been at this since 2014 (though much of that time was spent in maintenance, it wasn't until last year I went into another loss phase), and have lost over 200 pounds. Name a frustration or life challenge and I've been there. Death, divorce, remarriage, money problems, legal problems, kids, scale not moving, not being able to workout, not WANTING to workout, moving (many times), vacations, holidays, health issues, a freaking PANDEMIC lol... etc. It can suck. I get it. But at the end of each of those days...I was only accountable to MYSELF for my choices and my decision to live an (overall) healthier life.

I dont care if you add me, but I will warn you, I am not the friend for everyone. I am very supportive, and off and on all day, so see most things, but I swear like a sailor and ramble incessantly about my life and farm and dogs, and not so much about diet and weight crap. You are welcome to board to crazy train and hop off if you so choose. Right NOW I'm a little quieter than normal because I have covid and am trying to get over that, and outside of that am in a play (well, if I ever get over this and can get back in the theater for rehearsals), so am stupid busy, but when its quieter in my life and am feeling well i post like crazy on my feed and ramble a lot lol https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/callsitlikeiseeit