Trying to lose the baby weight!!!

Options
Just started this site and even though I haven't lost anything yet weight wise...i seem to be losing around my waist which is just what im looking for. I think I have been doing this for 1 week now and love how it tells me how much of everything I can have. I find it hard to not have anything I want to eat because I have never had a weight problem but the 2nd babies weight is not wanting to come off and is sticking to my hips and thighs :happy: So I hope this site will help me get in shape by summer time. Has anyone used the exercise ball to exercise on?? My friend says she loves it but can't see how that would burn many calories.

Kim :laugh:

162035.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• ASHNBLAKE
    ASHNBLAKE Posts: 13
    Options
    Just started this site and even though I haven't lost anything yet weight wise...i seem to be losing around my waist which is just what im looking for. I think I have been doing this for 1 week now and love how it tells me how much of everything I can have. I find it hard to not have anything I want to eat because I have never had a weight problem but the 2nd babies weight is not wanting to come off and is sticking to my hips and thighs :happy: So I hope this site will help me get in shape by summer time. Has anyone used the exercise ball to exercise on?? My friend says she loves it but can't see how that would burn many calories.

Kim :laugh:

162035.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • heidivan
    heidivan Posts: 3
    Options
    I have used a ball. It is great, ven by just sitting on it while working or watching TV you are engaging core muscles. Using it for situps, and push ups are great starters. If you have hand weights and do chest work or arm work, try it while on the ball, sitting or laying with your shoulder blades on the ball and your body parallel to the floor, engaging your abs and core.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Trust me I know about how hard it is to lose the weight after the second baby.And the third is no different lol.You can do this !! Work hard and eat right and it will come off.
  • awinmac
    awinmac Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi H

Doing leg lifts is great for thighs and you don't have to go anywhere to do them.
    A lot of walking helped me no end with losing weight post partum.

A word of warning, if you plan to use an exercise ball, or do sit-ups or pilates if you have a diastasis (a separation of the outermost abdominal muscles) you need to do modified exercises so as not to make it worse! Sitting straight up, lifting your baby or small child (or a basket of laundry!), doing sit ups etc. can all discourage the closing of a diastasis. check out "Lose your Mummy Tummy" by Julie Tupler R.N. at your local library for full details. I only mention this because I have one myself.

All the best and congratulations on the birth of your second!

cheers!
    -Amber
  • vasquezm88
    Options
    Hey im new! Im 19 and i have two wonderfull baby boys my oldest one is 22 moths and my youngest one is 2 moths. I don't have a job (im a stay at home mom) but i still live with my parents. And i have an unresponsivel boyfriend that does not help me with the kids. I feel unsecure of my body and thats wy i decided to join. I hope that this will help me lose the extra pounds i gained during my two pregnancies!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this. :smile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya trying to lose the baby weight. My boy is almost 6 months, i only have about 10 pounds to go back to my prebaby weight, but i would like to lose 10-15 more on top of that. I gained 70+ pounds!!!!:frown: And I can guarantee that i still have about 6 pounds around my belly and 2 pounds on each thigh.

I have an exercise ball, but i think i am too uncordinated or just not strong enough to stay on that thing... I slide all over, someone should film me and put me on americas funniest videos..

I do Biggest Loser dvd's and my treadmill for now...