On our way to transformation

Options
silverstar65
silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
edited February 2022 in Motivation and Support
I am going to transforme a lot in my life this year.
From how I think to what I put in my body.
First thing I did was was start a plant based diet beginning
In January. I lost almost 10 lbs. doing this last month.
I feel so much better. My son explained to me that our bodies was not
meant to eat meat and now they just put too much by products and
hormones in it that it is just making us sick with desease.
There is plenty of other ways to get iron and protein.

Second thing I am doing is changing my mentality. Waking up each day
with a positive attitude. Optimism instead of pestimisn.

Drinking water first thing and continue throughout the day.

With that being said, I'm starting this thread for accountability and to chat with like
minded individuals. I thought we could come here to share what we've had , what we did
how we're doing or just talk

Ht :5'5
Cw : 201
Gw. : 150

I hope others will join

Replies

• silverstar65
    Options
    It's been a great sunny day here in TN!
    The temp. Got to 75! 😍 Beautiful

I have kept my calories under 1200 today.

Having oatmeal. toast for breakfast
    Tuna on wheat for lunch
    Cauliflower rice medley with meatless
    Crumbles for dinner
    Green apple with peanut butter
    For a snack
    5 glasses water
    4 cups coffee with cream sugar

My workout was light
    With some squats
  • silverstar65
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Today in TN. It's cool and raining this morning. It will be the next couple days.

I had eggs and toast for breakfast. With the dogs waiting for their bite. They like toast not so much eggs lol.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in even though I eat a varied diet, inclusive of meat.

I'm in CO, in the mountains a bit, and we got a good 6" of snow last night and are in single digits now (mid-morning). We'll have sunshine for the next week and a half or so (that's as far as my weather app goes).

Ht: 5' 3.5"
    CW: 139.4 lbs
    GW: 135.0 lbs

I started logging again mid-Oct last year, but took breaks for holidays and a girls trip. I exercise probably six days a week, cardio, weight lifting and stretching, for 1.5 hr/day. The amount of time sounds crazy, but I enjoy it and I only do 21 min of vigorous exercise (elliptical). Yes, 21 min, got to work up to 22 min, lol (it's all mind games). Every minute counts!

My husband and I have one dog, a grandpuppy. A German Shepherd, but not the one in my profile pic. He's a big boy and just got done "helping" my husband shovel snow.
  • silverstar65
    Options
    Welcome Maggie!
    I do eat chicken and fish once in a great while. Sometimes I just crave it. LoL

We too have a German shepherd. Her name is Gracie and we have smaller dog that looks a bit like a miniature Rot named Riki. Also a long haired cat, named Semba. They are fun to watch play together. Semba loves rough housing with Gracie. They are a riot!

We got a couple inches snow a couple weeks ago. That's about all we get. That's enough for my taste. I don't miss the snow. LoL I've lived up North. I do not miss it.

I have a stationary bike I try to step on but
    sadly not as much as I should. I imagine if
    I hit platue I will if I want to keep making
    Progress.

Hope you have a wonderful day! :smiley:
  • silverstar65
    Options
    Welcome Melody!

I understand completely about trying to find a balance being vegetarian. I have just been
    doing it for a month or so and sometimes I have that problem. My daughter in law started
    a facebook page putting some of her recipe's up for those that are interested , along with
    pictures of what she makes. She helps me come up with idea's.

Thank you for the inspiring quotes. :smile:

Tonight I tried vegetarian chili with morning star crumbles topped it with cheddar cheese, turned out very delicious! :smiley:

• silverstar65
    Options
    Good morning

It's another rainy day. Supposed to get ice late tonight, but rain again so I'm not worried
    about it. I feel for those further North without power. I pray they get the help they need
    and are able to stay warm and eat. It's times like these neighbors and family must come together.

I am expecting my younger sons nurse Iin a couple hours. He has cp, seizures and is bed ridden.
    I can't believe he will be 30 in April! He is so little.

I found a recipe for buffalo style cauliflower. It looks really good!
    Going to try those soon!

Hope everyone has a good day! 😊
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Hello, @healingmysticmelody

The sunshine is out and the snow stopped yesterday and is starting to fall from the trees (maybe melting in the sunshine, not sure--it is currently 19F and mid-day).

I thought my 21 min of elliptical sounded so lame yesterday when I typed it in this thread, that I changed it to 22 min---whoa, baby! Probably not upping that again for awhile. In my defense, I do a fat burning program on an incline.

Not much to say, I'll be going to church tonight with my husband for our growth group meeting. My daughter is planing another ski day with me in a week or two. And the week after that, my husband and I will be going to Hawaii. Not sure I will reach my GW by then, but all good, if not.
  • silverstar65
    Options
    Happy Sabbath to all!

It's been a good week.
    I've stayed within my calorie goals.

I've been researching some cardio
    Videos for beginners. I have a touch of COPD so I'm thinking I will probably
    start with cardio for seniors. They seem to be something I can do without getting out of breath. I pray this will work for me.
    I know I need to move more. I used to do Jane Fonda aerobics before I started smoking again. I really enjoyed it.

It's a beautiful day today 🌄
    I hope all are having and enjoying
    this day our Lord has given us.

• healingmysticmelody
    Options
    Hi girls, I forgot to bookmark and lost this thread. It is supposed to be 47 this afternoon in western Illinois. Snow on the ground and some sun this morning. I have been doing my diary every day and figuring out what meals come to around 300 and which push 600. I guess on days when we are having spaghetti and garlic bread (and my vegetable, I always add my vegetable) are the days that I have oatmeal for breakfast. Yesterday we had such a filling lunch that I just had a plate with my 6 Triscuits, piece of cheese, carrots (no longer eating with ranch dressing, so sweet and good), my frozen mixed berries, and celery with peanut butter for supper. I was stuffed. I ate it slowly like I was just snacking all night. In front of the tv.
    I know these are still not good eating habits but it is a huge improvement for me so pats on the back for me and for you two as well! :)
    Another cool girl I met on here sent a link to a woman who “walks anywhere”. Her videos are upbeat and aerobics type from back in the day. I just looked it up. Leslie Sansone Walks at Home.
    I took a few days off from treadmill during my hormonal time but hopefully back at it soon. :)
  • silverstar65
    Options
    Great job Melody! I would pat you on the back too! :smiley:
    It's been beautiful here too. Going to get into the 60's. We got tulips coming up. I just hope it doesn't frost again and kill them.
    I've been doing pretty good on my calories. I lost a pound this week. 15 total.
    Better than none at all. I was shooting for 2. But I'll take it.
    I joined a online grocery website. Organic foods called misfits market. My mother told me about it. Going to get my first shipment today :smiley: I can't wait!

Hope you all have a great day and week.
    :smile:
  • healingmysticmelody
    Options
    Nice! Tell me how that service works out for you. And if it is worth the cost to you.
    I am so jealous about the tulips!!! I saw some in pots at Walmart last night (had to get some jeggings I saw for a great price online) and I told my man that I would like one of those instead of cut flowers this year. I love daffodils so I have some of those and a few hyacinths. The hyacinths smell so good. :)
    I’ve been maintaining my calories at at few below each day though I ate fried chicken leg and thigh from our favorite chicken place last night. I only had 8 fries. But I had a protein bar and some triscuits and cheese and an orange for lunch so I had calories to spare.
    Doing ok today on calories and giving myself the tiny credit for walking around the vast wasteland of Walmart yesterday. I am ordering pick up and delivery for almost everything the last couple years. My feet hurt after walking around for 45 minutes even in my good shoes. I don’t do concrete well. :)
    Baby steps. The tracking and adding movement have elevated my general mood for the last couple weeks. Onward! :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Would love to jump in here if that's ok. I've restarted my journey so here I am again. Just counting calories, drinking lots of water, getting some movement in and logging everything.

All the best
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Hello roz0810 !

After not having new snow for awhile, it has started again today, but only a few inches are forecasted. I went grocery shopping this morning because of the need for fresh produce, but also that I probably won't drive for the next day or two due to the snow. Retirement allows for this luxury of not driving in inclement weather!

We are having a room in our house remodeled now; we joke that clearly a child did the work before! It's definitely getting there. The flooring will be last; it should arrive soon and then need to acclimate to the dryness that is CO before laying. Although the house is a bit more dusty than usual from all of this, it's not too bad, as the room being remodeled is on the lower level of our house.

I've dropped another good pound since I last posted in this thread. I was having difficulty focusing, but seem to have turned this around. I only have several more pounds to lose; rightly or wrongly, i think this should be easier!!! Ok, not hard, just taking more time than I would like. I doubt I am alone with these thoughts.

Hope all is going well!
  • healingmysticmelody
    Options
    Star, Maggie, and Roz,

High wind in Illinois today. Weather watch says arctic winds coming through. Nice to be home and warm. Had a protein bar at lunch so have been snacking tonight. No pure sugar or anything like that… oatmeal raisin cookies (had 2 with cup of milk since I had lots of calories left for tonight) and eating late like I shouldn’t but going to stay under calories and logging it all.

I’ve lost 8 pounds since a couple weeks before I got this app when I started adding a vegetable to every lunch and supper. Logging is helping me do even better. Feeling a bit better physically. I hope you all are enjoying your journey and being gentle on yourselves. Keep going. As long as you do a little better than you used to do regularly, it is all positive. :)
  • silverstar65
    Options
    Hi all

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's day.
    I crashed and burned this weekend eating
    a homemade brownie.
    Today I woke up forgiving myself and jumping back into it.
    Have a great week,
    😁
  • healingmysticmelody
    Options
    Oh heck. I had a brownie a couple times last week on the days when I ate oatmeal for breakfast. Lol. I also sometimes have 2-4 Hershey’s Kisses a couple times a week depending on how many calories I have left over.
    I’ve been here almost a month, maybe 3 weeks and I was over twice. I just do my best to not do that. But even if I did… tomorrow is another day. I think you are facing a tougher challenge since you are changes multiple things, like not only potions but also a whole new type of eating. I’m sure it will be a challenge but either way you are doing better.
    Did you see the sticky article about motivation/willpower? It is great!
  • silverstar65
    Options
    It's a breezy day. I guess about everyone is getting rain tomorrow. I'm done with rain.
    I'm back on track. Mostly anyway. 😆
    Could not sleep at all last night, finally got around 3 hours this afternoon. Off to work in about 30 minutes.
    You all have a great day! 😊
  • silverstar65
    Options
    So I need prayers. I'm diabetic and don't have health ins. I'm unable to get my meds. Doctor said he has to see me and have lab work. That's at least 300. Health dept. Has no openings and I have only 4 days of my meds left. My sugar has been running high. Making me really nervous. Yesterday my sugar was over 300 . It's 143 tonight taking 3 pills today, which isn't good. Just pray for me.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    @silverstar65 Friend me, if you would like some potentially helpful information in regards to getting assistance. Prayers sent.