"If Everyday Were Like Today"....

Options
Strive2BLean
Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
After entering all the food in the food diary we get the following" If everyday were like today you would weigh X lbs. in five weeks. Is this anywhere near accurate for anybody? Just like I entered in my goals that I want to lose 2 lbs. per week. I'm lucky if I average 1/2 lb. per week even though I work out and mind my calories. Just saying..

Replies

• Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have my doubts it has real accuracy.

My can fluxuate up to 5 lbs from day to day.

But I will be honest, I have never looked at what it said, wrote it down, then come back to it later to see the accuracy.

I think it is basing it off of the calorie deficit you have for the day and what that should equal in 5 weeks.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    As for me, not accurate at all. I think the in "perfect world" it would be.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mine are NEVER accurate. For a while I was tracking mine on a calendar to see if it had any value and sure enough it was always way off. I am with you though, despite the program saying I will lose 1.5 pounds a week, I really only lose half a pound. At least we are losing though :).
  • makalinger
    makalinger Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I sooo want to know;) It does make you feel better when maybe you have not paid much attention to what you put into your mouth that day and so have gone over on something. It still says you will loose ;) Love it heheh:flowerforyou:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i havent found it to be accurate at all.
    Although some people find it to be exact..
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I noticed that one of my friends was copying and pasting that comment into her "about today" note on her food diary, so I began doing the same. I've noticed that on days where I ate more than other days or the deficit wasn't as large, there was a 5 pound or so difference day to day. I'd be curious to go back in a a couple months and see how true it was lol
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    it's accuate if you live in a "PERFECT" world.

take it with a grain of salt, everyone is different and have a different body chemistry, i have been here since may and it dosent work for me,however i have been successful in own way by my own progress but truly.i barely look at it.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'd be thinner!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely not accurate. Every day it tells me that "If every day were like today I'd weight [anywhere between 93lbs and 101lbs depending on the day] in five weeks" --- well I've been here four weeks and I've been stuck at113 for three of them.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I tried it out and tracked it for 5 weeks...it was accurate. But that's just me.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    The only thing is that is every day like that day? When I was consistently eating the same amount of calories and exercising the same every day, it was accurate. Once I started to zig zag more, it wasn't. I'm sure if I averaged it out, though, it'd be closer to being accurate.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've noted it in my food notes for the past 2 months now. I log the weight then the date 5 weeks ahead. I am about 2 pounds over what is said 5 weeks ago. Of course some days where I ate more, I am under but it averages out to be 2 pounds high for me. Hope this helps.

What would be really cool is if you could download a photo of yourself and it would show you what you'd look like in 5 weeks. That would really be motivating.
  • jupaba
    Options
    The only way to test it would be to have the exact same menu everyday for 5 weeks. Since caloric intake and exercise is not the same everyday it changes. I don't know about you but I would rather not eat the same food for 35 days straight.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    After entering all the food in the food diary we get the following" If everyday were like today you would weigh X lbs. in five weeks. Is this anywhere near accurate for anybody? Just like I entered in my goals that I want to lose 2 lbs. per week. I'm lucky if I average 1/2 lb. per week even though I work out and mind my calories. Just saying..

not accurate it does account for the basic fact that **** happens
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Mine was accurate, but I have a feeling MFP would be more accurate if it said, "If everyday were like today, you'd be.... really, really bored."
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate with that thing. It tends to wobble up and down. The number is better if I eat less, of course; and worse if I ate at my goal. So I feel robbed if it's higher than the day before, even if I was not over my calorie goal for today.

"OMG, it said XXX yesterday; today, it says XXX+1.5. What did I do wrong today???"
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too so I started copying & pasting that into the notes section of my food diary about 6 weeks ago. I checked it the other day & it was a couple pounds off but not too far. It depends on what you normally eat too though because I noticed one day where I ate really well like all veggies & I'm about 8 lbs from that prediction. But I normally eat more carbs than that day so yeah, I don't pay too much attention to those predictions because I'm just happy I'm losing & I'm not in a rush.