The Last 10 Pounds Club - Wanna Join Me?

Options
2»

Replies

• lovesdaisies
    Options
    P.S . I made an executive decision. I'm waiting until tomorrow to weigh myself. I'll be nothing but disappointed if I weigh myself today because I'm so darned bloated and crampy. Just this one week. I think girls can understand my hesitation on this one! :-)
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    You should be proud of losing your first 10, and we look forward to having you with us when you're ready to lose your last 10! You can do it! I lost 35 pounds three years ago, and if I can do it, anyone can! Gained a few back, unfortunately, but I think I caught it before it got too far out of hand.

So drop in to visit us anytime!

:heart:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday and just this morning I reached the Ten Pounds to Go mark! Am I too late? I weighed 127 today - Friday was my Six Week Anniversary of starting 'Back to Fitness'. I started at 138.

My goal is also exercise for 60 minutes/day and currently I'm doing 7 days a week just because it's convenient (and I'm paying for the gym membership!) I've hit a stride this week, I think - but still worry that I need to mix up my cardio quite a bit so my body doesn't adjust and hold on to those last 10!

I'm very interested in keeping up with how everyone else is staying one step ahead of their metabolism! :smile:

edited for sloppy grammar
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Welcome thejarviclan! I just checked out your profile and see that you have quite a lot to be proud of! Welcome to the 10 pound club! It truly is the hardest to get rid of. When I lost 35 pounds 3 years ago, the first 20 flew off. The rest??? Not so easy. And keeping it off certainly isn't easy, either.

But it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I'd say that you can give your body a rest at least one day a week - but you should ask the website moderator about that. I exercise about 5 days a week, and am trying for 6. Even on days I don't do cardio, I try to get some arm weights and crunches in in front of the TV at night. Anything to keep moving.

So welcome and good luck! Check in whenever you need to - and on Saturdays to note your progress!!

Lisa
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What do we want to do for the challenge next week? Maybe 65 minutes plus something like 5 servings of fruits & veggies eveyday or maybe drinking our water, or what??? Any suggestions?
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Sorry Mickie, I dropped the ball. I had a BAD week food-wise, and ended up not counting my calories for most of the week. I'm somewhat back on track this week, but have a hard time at night. I do great all day, then tank once nighttime rolls around. I HATE IT.

Anyway, I'll weigh-in again on Saturday and hopefully you'll all join me.

Since no one else posted this week, let's pose your challenge again. Let's do water. I, personally, don't get enough. How about we each just commit to drinking more water than we are now drinking (baby steps!) and keep up the 65 minutes of exercise? Sound good?
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Sorry Mickie, I dropped the ball. I had a BAD week food-wise, and ended up not counting my calories for most of the week. I'm somewhat back on track this week, but have a hard time at night. I do great all day, then tank once nighttime rolls around. I HATE IT.

Anyway, I'll weigh-in again on Saturday and hopefully you'll all join me.

Since no one else posted this week, let's pose your challenge again. Let's do water. I, personally, don't get enough. How about we each just commit to drinking more water than we are now drinking (baby steps!) and keep up the 65 minutes of exercise? Sound good?

Sounds great to me!!! :) When shall we start? Saturday?