Chicken and Green Peppers

Options
stevwil41
stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
This is a simple one.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each)
2 green peppers, chopped
1/3 c low-sodium soy sauce

Preheat the oven to 350. Place the chicken in a baking dish with the peppers on top and pour the soy sauce over the whole thing. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

155 calories per serving

I had mine over some brown rice and drizzled it with a tbsp of of the sauce out of the pan. It's quick, easy and pretty good.

Replies

• Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That sounds super delicious and easy. I will have to try that. Thank you for sharing this.
  • ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'll try it next week.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    yum. bump
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    That sounds delicious!! I will have to try it!
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I think even i can manage this :)
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bumping.
  • 4cookiesmom
    Options
    And there is Thursday's dinner. Great easy meal for a busy school night. Thanks for sharing!
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    may have to try that, but, swap out the green peppers for yellow, orange or red :happy:
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh YUM!!!! I love simple!!!
  • stevwil41
    Options
    Simple is awesome. I just had some reheated for lunch and I think it may be better the second time around.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Confession time.....I stole your recipe and changed it just a bit. It adds some calories but still well within my calorie range for dinner. I added some drained chunk pineapple with the peppers. Gives it a bit of a sweet and sout thing but without the sweet and sour calories! Even hubby (whose skinny self hates eating healthy) loved it!
  • stevwil41
    Options
    Confession time.....I stole your recipe and changed it just a bit. It adds some calories but still well within my calorie range for dinner. I added some drained chunk pineapple with the peppers. Gives it a bit of a sweet and sout thing but without the sweet and sour calories! Even hubby (whose skinny self hates eating healthy) loved it!

That is awesome! I was going to add some onion next time but I hadn't thought of pineapple. I love pineapple so I'll give that a shot next time I make it.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    sounds nice and easy. I like. Capiscan or whatever it is peppers has, is great for metabolism. thanks for sharing. Louisa. :drinker: